Jackpunx

did level 3 and 4 this weekend

It was suggested that between 3/4 I get some tunnel time.. so we went early and did it for 10min each..
It was a blast, by the end of it I was able to chase the instructor around, do handshakes, keep my hand on my pull cord and change heading, change my drop speed and a few other exercises.. all and all I got pretty comfortable in there.. Our instructor Rocked!.
Then I went and did 3/4.
3 went flawless. I did my COA , was altitude aware and made my turns.
On level 4 I went up with one instructor. It was a lot different.. it felt like it took longer to stabilize (no training wheels).. I felt more like a kite.. lol..
So when we stabilized I did my practice pull, checked my alt and she let go!.. OH CRAP..lol.. What a trip. Although it was very cool... I was so excited and a little overloaded that my legs were a little floppy and started me on a turn.. I felt it start to gain speed but I countered it and got back on heading with my instructor.. I was a little frazzled and along with my instructor I felt I had a loss of altitude awareness. I did lock on a 6k and pull at 5.. but I really should have been checking it a bit more often.
I did the landing with out radio assistance and nailed it.. it was killer! I’m pretty comfortable with my landing patterns and when to flare.
I felt stiff and now am pretty soar like I have used some muscles that I have never used before.. I think the wind tunnel got me a little..
So when I did 4 .. I felt kinda stiff and not at all like I felt in the tunnel or on the previous level..
It messed with my head last night a little.. but then I went to sleep and dreamed about it.. I think I got a grasp on it now that I have slept on it..
My instructor passed me on to my next level as I was able to maintain a heading and pulled at the correct altitude.
BTW .. she rocked!
I don’t know if you can ask for specific people.. I guess it doesn’t matter .. all my instructors have been killer.. But I had a lot of fun with her.
Have any of you done the tunnel and felt a little messed up as a result of it?
Is it really that different than diving?
Or was I just soar and stiff by the end of the day.
Thanks
Mark

I got stuck on level 5 for a few jumps, did 15 minutes in the tunnel, then sailed through the rest of AFF. It definitely helped me feel more comfortable in freefall.
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"