Karolis

Opinions on vector 3 and Basik seven

i'm looking to buy a rig and can't decide between Vector 3 and Basik seven.

Vector 3 is atractive because of skyhook and you know safety first

on the other hand Basik seven is much more comfy.

so maybe you can post some of your experiance and opinions

I've had my eyes on the Basik Seven as well. As far as not having a skyhook, here is a quote from their website.

"Our unique reserve container uses proven technology with the no side flaps configuration, add with one of the strongest pilotchutes in the industry and the AAD protected cutter directly under the pilotchute on the kicker plate flap. These features gives you the fastest reserve opening system ever seen.The pilot chute spring force give an energy which is not degraded to push
all flaps because of this no side flaps concept."

I've had my eyes on the Basik Seven as well. As far as not having a skyhook, here is a quote from their website.

"Our unique reserve container uses proven technology with the no side flaps configuration, add with one of the strongest pilotchutes in the industry and the AAD protected cutter directly under the pilotchute on the kicker plate flap. These features gives you the fastest reserve opening system ever seen.The pilot chute spring force give an energy which is not degraded to push
all flaps because of this no side flaps concept."

So if getting rid of the side flaps is such an improvement to make a big fuss over, then the rigs with no top and bottom flap over the PC must be much better. :| I think the energy needed to push the side flaps out of the way is actually not much, and there are some distinct advantages to not having the PC exposed at all.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am