wisdom62

10 jumps + training in 3 days?

My story, I have 17 jumps. My last jump was 3 years ago. I

I want to get my A license so I'm planning trip to AZ or L.A. for 4 days. Schedule some couch jumps and any additional training to get me to a A license.

Do you see any issues with getting about 10 jumps in the 3 days. Plus hopefully some additional packing training.

I was thinking Perris, CA or Lake Elsinore. Anyone have a preference?

Thanks
Josh

If your last jump was three years ago, and you never got licensed, you should (and will probably be required to) sit through most of a first jump course again, as a critical refresher training. Depending on the day of the week and how busy the dropzone is they may be able to do a modified refresher training for you, but you should expect (and want) it to be quite extensive even if it's not a regular FJC. However, it may just be easiest for the DZ to ask you to sit in on an already-scheduled FJC.

So assume that day, you won't be able to get in that many jumps since you'll spend a good portion of your day in classroom training. Packing training (done right) takes a few hours as well, since the best way to learn is by practicing, and you'll be slow at it for a while.

10 jumps over three days is not an unreasonable number, but you may end up with weather holds, either for all or part of the day. Even if it looks like a beautiful sunny stretch you could have winds.

Your best bet might be to call ahead to the dropzone(s) you're considering and talk about where you are and what you want to achieve and see what they recommend. Either of the two dropzones you mentioned would be a great option, as well as Skydive Arizona in Eloy (since you also mentioned AZ as a possibility).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Just after the Christmas holiday the school I oversee took three students from zero to a license in 4 days. It can be done, if you're up to it.

Hi DP

Looks like the OP dropped off the thread:o

Can you explain to any of the other interested
new comers what you mean by "If your up to it" including the physical, mental & $$$$ involved.:)
Is this something you would recommend ?

Have a happy:)R.