dbattman

Check your gear, check your Buddy's gear or die!

The back end of an Otter can be pretty cramped particularly with a full load. As our eight way was first out we were in the back ready to stack at the door light. The door slid down and it hit the back of my rig as I wasn't squatted down enough to totally clear the arc. I reached back to check my flap and hackey and it definitely didn't feel right. The door had popped the flap open on my G3 (they close UP into the container) and the pin was exposed. I got a quick close and check from my neighbor and another pair of sharp eyes caught one of our outsides with on open flap just as the green was coming on.

Check your stuff people! Check your buddies stuff! The life you save could be the entire load.

Glad I got to make that jump with you! Being right next to you as the door was opening, I was quite surprised to see your flap and the other jumper at the very rear with his entire flap undone (I think his rig was a Javelin). Thankfully everything turned out OK except for me not getting into the formation.[:/]

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

The Otter was so full on my load that i got no gear check. I just kept my hands on my handles .

Thats not ture. Speak up, and tell people to move the hell over, you can make room for a gear check.

An Otter only holds so many people. Some of them will take up more room than they are due, or do some weird shifting around closer to exit time. Either way, get vocal, point out the trouble makers, and get your gear squared away.