ykevins

Asking about AFF A-licence

Hi,
I am a new guy from China.
Now i want plan for my AFF course but i have a question and i need help.
The A licence is for internationnal? if i got A licence at Ukraine, may i be accepted at Australia???
I got little confuse with that.
Thanks

Each country has their own governing body for skydiving so the rules will be different. You can check out the Australian Parachute Federations website to see if they recognize licenses from other countries.

From the APF Operational Regulations..

Eligibility for Descents
A visitor who holds a valid parachuting licence issued by an FAI member may make descents only after:
(a) Taking out short-term membership or full membership of the APF; and
(b) A Chief Instructor has assessed the visitor’s experience and competence and has written in the visitor’s log the level of APF privileges that the visitor may exercise

I'm pretty sure the conversion of A license if pretty generic across the board, with some elements being a bit more strict in Aus but I think it's also the other licenses that can be tricky.

In Aus an A license allows you to jump solo flat flying only. You must have a B license equivalent to jump with others or free fly.

The B license in Aus also requires the completion of 'B rels' which is essentially a rel work table to complete. There are about 10 stages and you have to do accuracies and stuff too...

The CI would just check out your log book and work out where your license would convert at and go from there...

Hope that helps a bit! :)
I refuse to accept a mediocre life...

facebook.com/chutefirst
chutefirstapparel.com