BravestDog

How does Mike Mullins get his King Air on the ground so quickly?

Does his jumps ever get cheaper than $26 or is that the going rate? I'm comparing this to the Twin Otter at the Parachute Center which costs only $15. Is his King Air the most high performance/fastest jump ship in business?

$26 is the going rate (+/- a buck or two) for full altitude (13k-ish) jumps in the US. The Parachute Center does jumps for less because they don't spend money on required maintenence and inspections of their airplanes. This fact has been proven in post-accident investigations and by the FAA.

thats a pretty big wad of dirt to be throwing around, you must know john the and the rest of the maintenance crew out there.
Jump more, Bitch less.

The Parachute Center does jumps for less because they don't spend money on required maintenence and inspections of their airplanes. This fact has been proven in post-accident investigations and by the FAA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats a pretty big wad of dirt to be throwing around, you must know john the and the rest of the maintenance crew out there.

I added the bold parts in case you didn't see it the first time around.

The findings in the Pitt Meadow King Air crash were that the high volume fuel pump failed due to corrosion on the drive gears. These gears are supposed to be inspected at regular intervals, but the MX records revealed that these inspections were not done.

Here's a quick quote from the FAA website

The FAA alleges that The Parachute Center operated a DeHavilland DHC-6 Twin Otter when critical parts were well past their life limits and without inspecting portions of the wings for corrosion.

Full article here-
http://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=11980

What's neat is that less than a year later, they went back and came up with this -
http://news.aviation-safety.net/2011/08/29/faa-proposes-269000-civil-penalty-against-the-parachute-center/

Let me guess, the FAA doesn't know what they're talking about? Bill personally looks the planes over every day? He doesn't allow swooping, so the DZ must be safe? You pay your money, you take your chances?

Oooohhhh!!!! I just had a look-see at your profile, and big surprise, you list Lodi as your home DZ.

I'm willing to admit that Bill and the MX staff at Lodi know more about airplanes than I ever will. I'm sure if you sit down and talk shop with those guy, they seem very well informed.

However, I'm also smart enough to know that they don't know as much as the FAA or DeHaviland (when it comes to the Otter). If the guys at Lodi insist that what they're doing to right, and the FAA/Dehavialnd disagree, I'm going to side with the Feds and the Canucks.

Lack of MX has been cited in a plane crash that was owned by Lodi.

Lack of MX brought a 600k plus fine to Lodi.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334