BlueSkies415

Northern California Relocation

Hi everybody, I am currently an AFF student in Phoenix Arizona, but will be relocating to Northern California (SF area). 2 questions, does anyone have a DZ of choice in that area that my AFF can be completed? And also, I can call and ask but am I able to transfer my AFF from Phoenix to California or does it look like I need to start all over again? I hope not! Thanks all for reading this and thank you for any input.

jclalor

Davis or Byron would be a good choice. I would avoid Monterey and Hollister at all cost.

I have friends who jump at Davis and Lodi who both like the palces. I know Lodi has USPA instructors though the DZ is NOT (last I heard) USPA.
You are not the contents of your wallet.

Blueskies,

There are many DZ's in the NorCal area that can help you out. I'm an AFF instructor out at Byron (Bay Area Skydiving), but Skydance in Davis, CA can help you, and also Ed Pawlowski (Bodypilot1 here in the forums) over in Lodi. If you go to Lodi, I suggest working with Ed one on one.

Visit all of the DZ's and see which one you like best and go for it. The level at which you will need to start will depend on the time frame from your last jump, and the knowledge you have retained and are able to discuss with your instructor.

Have fun, be safe, and introduce yourself if you make it out to Byron.
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

Make sure you have your logbook and A-license card.
Make sure they have accurate and complete information about what you have done in your training so far.

Make sure you have contact info for your old DZ & instructor(s) so that any DZ you end up at can verify where you are.

You may have to do a jump or two to demonstrate you do know what your logbook/card say that you should know, but you shouldn't have to start over from the beginning.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo