DcloudZ

Your last jump

rwieder

Talk about ignorant... go preach somewhere else.

Your from Canada ya freaking canook, you go preach some where else. I don't appreciate your claims that these type of incidents are prevelant in the USA. Well, considering your climate in cnookada, I can see where it could happen more here than where you live. Talk about ignorant...go preach somewhere else Ya Jerk.

What the hell? What are you talking about?
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

JohnMitchell

You meant without, right? I did that years ago on a C182. You get pretty comfortable with all that strut and step and stuff. What could go wrong?:S:D

Bwahahaha interesting Freudian slip on my part eh? You found someone who would let you do that? I'd think it'd be some nasty liability for the pilot if something happened. I suppose I could ask around, but I don't think I'm quite ready for the crazy stunts portion of my skydiving career just yet heh heh heh.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Are you serious?... Film “Why we jump” is addressing skydiving as a lifestyle. I believe that you are taking Pablito’s words out of context giving them meaning that they were never intended to have.

This. Entirely out of context. And that is where the quote came from, I saw the why we jump clip recirculating in my facebook feed again this morning.

> I mean if you knew the next time you crossed the street, would you do it, or would
>you stay home the rest of your life?

No, I'd use the canyon instead of crossing streets. I'd be able to get to the bike store, the post office, one deli, and work (although I'd have to ask for an office in Building R.) But I'd be ordering a lot of groceries on line.

Would sure mean a big life change, but better a life change than no life at all.

This is something that a great many people go through in their lives. Many people get to the end of their lives, and due to arthritis, a heart condition, emphysema, COPD etc can't do as much as they did any more. Heck, some can't cross the street. They effectively stay home the rest of their lives. Is that a good thing? No, but for most people it's better than the alternative.

NorrinRadd

Your from Canada ya freaking canook, you go preach some where else. I don't appreciate your claims that these type of incidents are prevelant in the USA. Well, considering your climate in cnookada, I can see where it could happen more here than where you live. Talk about ignorant...go preach somewhere else Ya Jerk.

Don't you mean "aboot"?
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

If you mean that "If I jump I will die, but if I don't jump I won't die today", or at least not have any increased risk of it today, then no.
If I was to never jump again, I would be disappointed. It's a huge part of my life.
But it's not the only part.

But that's really not the question Pablito was asking.

Every time I go out the door, it may be the last thing I do. That risk is obvious. For me, the reward of jumping, and everything that goes with it is worth the risk.

But that fact is present every time I get on my motorcycle, every time I get in my car, every time I cross a street, every time I go into a tall building, every time I walk out the door of my house.

Most people close their eyes to this.
How many times have you heard "If I knew it was the last time I would see him, I would have..."

By having that right in front of my face, I have learned to tell the people in my life that I love them. I say nice things now because there may not be a "later." I might not be here, they might not.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

3mpire

Are you serious?... Film “Why we jump” is addressing skydiving as a lifestyle. I believe that you are taking Pablito’s words out of context giving them meaning that they were never intended to have.

This. Entirely out of context. And that is where the quote came from, I saw the why we jump clip recirculating in my facebook feed again this morning.

You guys seriously misunderstood me! Sorry, I am in no means insinuating that this topic is what Pablito meant when he made that statement![:/]

I'm saying that after hearing that and having some deep internal discussions I came across this topic and found my answer to it, I'm curious what other people's answers are to it as well. (My question, not Pablito's).

Sorry for the misunderstanding:)
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

DocPop

Don't you mean "aboot"?
:PB|
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

DcloudZ

If you knew for sure that your next jump would be your last (i.e. fatal accident) would you jump? And if so, when?

Curious to hear some opinions!

Strange question. I guess it would depend on my mood. Some days I really want to check out.

I would have to say no. Any kind of fatal skydiving accident hurts the sport, regardless of the foreseen or unforeseen circumstances.

I enjoyed this post, and yes, skydivers are not suicidal, nor do we want to create a bad image for the sport, but you all misread the hypopathethical part.

If you want to call this a calculated risk (which it is), you should be calculating and thinking of every possible scenario. Not to say it will or must happen, but if you don't think of it, you only doing half calculations.

And to add to my previous post, I sure will be doing a lot of fixed wing flying, and probably move to a town with a tunnel.

Just did a repack of my main, making me wonder this post. hehehe:D

You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Bluhdow

My guess is you wouldn't even take your seatbelt off if you didn't have a rig on.

But where would you attach the seat belt? :D
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

If I knew for a fact I was going to die on my next jump, I wouldn't jump...

I'd rather not be a skydiving death statistic. :( It could happen, but the event of it actually happening to me, is very low. All I can do is accept, like they say, "everything can go right and you can still get hurt or die."