PixieUK

Cost of wind tunnels in UK?

A few days ago I found a link from somewhere on this site that took me to a price list for different wind tunnels, and now I can't find it. Can anyone help?

The Airkix website is broken - I can get to the front page but get server errors when I try to find any details about costs or facilities

A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr

Hey,

It was a couple of years ago, but at Airkix Bedford I got 10 minutes for about £165

Hope that helps.

PixieUK

A few days ago I found a link from somewhere on this site that took me to a price list for different wind tunnels, and now I can't find it. Can anyone help?

The Airkix website is broken - I can get to the front page but get server errors when I try to find any details about costs or facilities

This one you mean: http://www.jumpticketprices.com/tunnels.asp

Tunnels also have discount nights and bulk buy rates. Right now if you're a BPA member you can get 1 hr tunnel at Bedford for £400 (about $650) including taxes which for a 16ft tunnel is great value.

Airkix sometimes do buy one get one free offers around Christmas when it's virtually empty which works out about £7/min.

The coaches buy time at better rates than walk-in flyers so it can work out cheaper to have coached time that buy it yourself (this is especially true at Airkix)

Finally if you go to the BPA AGM then both bodyflight and Airkix will sell you bulk time at really great rates too.

Where in the UK are you based?

adamUK

Airkix sometimes do buy one get one free offers around Christmas when it's virtually empty which works out about £7/min.

Finally if you go to the BPA AGM then both bodyflight and Airkix will sell you bulk time at really great rates too.

Where in the UK are you based?

Thanks, that's the one! Useful information about the pricing too - will remember that :)
I've just started AFF at Sibson - it was highly recommended and they've been brilliant so far. I can get to Milton Keynes or Basingstoke relatively easily and Bedford would also be an option.
A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr