Hugo Falcao

Mirage G4.1 M3 - Canopy fit

This is my first time buying a rig. Found a used Mirage G4.1 M3 container in pretty good state, and was looking to use it with a Sabre 2 150ft main, DOM 2016 with around 650 jumps in the canopy (new lines though). In Mirage's website sizing chart, they mention a Sabre 2 150 as a 'firm' fit  and I'm a little confused with what exactly that means in practical terms.

Should I not use such combination as it could be too tight? I saw quite a few people say they managed to fit a Sabre 170 in a MIrage G4 M3, including the current owner of such container, so I should be fine?? Maybe Mirage is a little conservative in their sizing chart (?)

The plan is to also get a 150ft reserve, not sure of which one yet, so kinda worried about that as well.

Anyone has experience with such combination or similar? Any help would be appreciated as I'm a newbie in container info

Blue skies!

(edited)
8 hours ago, Hugo Falcao said:

Anyone has experience with such combination or similar? Any help would be appreciated as I'm a newbie in container info

Always go right to the source. The manufacturers will pick up the phone - 

Mirage Containers

CUSTOMER SUPPORT & SALES

386-740-9222

https://miragesys.com/ - they also have a chat function

Edited by BIGUN
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gowlerk said:

In practical terms that simply means that it will fit. But the manufacturer is trying to warn you that anything larger will not. 

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it as well...

I was kinda hoping to hear someone who had experience with this exact combination though to be sure.

Thanks nonetheless