Nolann

Passionate Skydiver Eager for Professional Involvement

I hope this message finds anyone reading this well. My name is Nolan I’m 18, and I am writing to express my keen interest in joining a company. While I may not have professional experience in skydiving, I have been passionately involved in this exhilarating sport as a participant a few times. These experiences have not only deepened my love for skydiving but also instilled in me a profound respect for the skill, precision, and safety protocols it entails. I am eager to transition this passion into a professional setting and believe that I can bring a fresh, enthusiastic perspective to your team. I am a quick learner, extremely dedicated, and ready to undergo any training necessary to meet your standards. I would be thrilled to have the opportunity to contribute to and immerse myself in the skydiving community from a professional standpoint.

Thank you for considering my application. I am looking forward to the possibility of working with such a reputed team and am available at your convenience for an interview.

Warm regards,

Nolan 

Help wanted and position wanted posts normally go into the classifieds. Yours is general enough to leave in here, because it's not much different from the "Should I cut away and go live on a DZ" posts that used to be here all the time.

Get a rigger's ticket, learn how to fly your canopy to the max (i.e. by studying and talking to coaches, not by downsizing as fast as possible), learn all about the gear. 

First jobs at DZs is usually packing mains for other jumpers. You need to either have a rigger's ticket, or be under the supervision of a rigger (i.e. there's one there who can take a look whenever). 

College will help nearly any job that's not something like packing -- business manager for a DZ or a gear manufacturer, etc.

Welcome to the sport. Hope you stay a long time.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

Wendy just gave you some sound advice. Another great option is to find another line of work.  Getting paid to do something tends to fuck the fun right out of whatever you're doing.  Figure out how to pack, if you're not in jail or dead from drinking/drugs in a year, you'll have a great idea of what the next step will be.

• Like 2