sdiver35

Hello - New Sky Junkie! Training in Kentucky

Hi,

I did my first tandem two weeks ago in Key West and liked it so much I did another tandem in Titusville last weekend at 18,000'. I've already decided to start my AFF, but am also moving to KY this month so I don't have time to complete it in Florida which is a bummer. I'm going to do another tandem in Sebastian this Saturday just to hold me over until I can start training in KY.

Has anyone used Kentucky Skydiving in E-town? I don't like being stuck with no other option but it is what it is, otherwise, I'll need to travel and stay in FL to complete it. 

Looking forward to sharing with the group and hearing about everyone else's journey and most importantly learning from you all!!

Brian 

To the best of my knowledge, the one DZ in the state flies a 182. Sooo, plan to hit FL up real soon!!! 

Seriously though, If money isn't the problem, find a DZ with a group of instructors that you feel good about, and get after it. 

182's aren't bad to jump, and you'll drop off that step right into a good body position! 

Best of luck in your journey and let us know how it's going...

~Tim

On 8/8/2023 at 4:36 PM, timski said:

To the best of my knowledge, the one DZ in the state flies a 182. Sooo, plan to hit FL up real soon!!! 

Seriously though, If money isn't the problem, find a DZ with a group of instructors that you feel good about, and get after it. 

182's aren't bad to jump, and you'll drop off that step right into a good body position! 

Best of luck in your journey and let us know how it's going...

~Tim

Thanks for the info Tim! I'm going to do my AFF in FL next month and then jump from the DZ in E-town after I'm licensed. 

• Like 1