temporary17

help

I need some Admin help. My normal account is dudeman17. You recently did something to make changes to the site. Opening the site, it looked normal. When I signed in with my user name (dudeman17) the home page still looked normal. When I clicked into the forums, the format and look was different, with smaller print. I didn't like that. I found that 'themes' menu at the bottom. and wanted to try those to see if I could find one I liked. One of them froze up my account. It lets me go into the different forums, but when I click on a thread, it gives me a blank page. I cannot read the threads or post in them, and cannot use the message function. It will not let me back into 'themes' to change it back. There is an error message at the bottom, saying it needs something run in 'AdminCP' to reset it, but I don't have access to that. At the least, could you please reset my account (dudeman17) to the default settings so I can use it?

HOWEVER...

I made this alternate account as seemingly the only way to communicate with you. After signing in to it, it looks and operates normally, as my original account (dudeman17) did before you made whatever changes you did. Is there a way you could reset my dudeman17 account so that it looks and functions normally, like this one does? I hope so...

Thanks

(edited)

All right, I had the exact same issue, luckily I was able to work out the URL and query string to set my theme back to default, I'll try and explain the process as best I can, but if you have any issues I'm happy to assist, although I'm not super active on here.

Step 1: Navigate to the form homepage https://www.dropzone.com/forums (this almost certainly works for all pages on the site, but I know it definitely works from here).

Step 2: Open Developer tools. On chrome, press Control + Shift + C; on Firefox, press Control + Shift + I

Step 3: On either Chrome or Firefox, press Control + F and search for "csrf". 

Step 4: This should lead you to a line that reads "?csrfKey=" and then a line of random text, copy this random text. DO NOT SHARE THIS TOKEN WITH ANYONE!!!

Step 5: In your browser search bar, paste in the URL: "www.dropzone.com/theme/?csrfKey=[TOKEN]" removing the quotations, and replacing [TOKEN] with the string of text you just copied.

That should be it, if you reload any currently open forum pages, the theme should now be back to default! Hope this helps :)

Edited by Tovo

On 10/20/2023 at 8:42 PM, Tovo said:

All right, I had the exact same issue...

I appreciate your attempt to help. Your instructions are pretty clear, even I could probably navigate them, but I'm not tech savvy at all, just turning the thing on and going to the sites I read pretty much maxes out my speed. But also it sounds like your fix would just revert it to the default of the changed format. I didn't like those changes, and that's where my problems started. This alternate account looks and operates like the site did before the changes were made. My hope is that the admins could revert my original account to operate like this one does. I PM'ed Meso in August. He still hasn't read it, much less replied, even though his profile says he was logged in as recent as ten days ago. Meanwhile, I really don't post all that much, I usually just read the site without logging in, but I do log in to check the Incidents threads.

Another curiosity, on your post the text is very light, like it's almost hidden. Not sure why that is.

Fair enough, thats understandable. Though I should point out that the fix should revert you to the default theme, the same as your new account would, still since you've already gone to the trouble of creating a new account its probably not worth the hassle. Hopefully if anyone else has this issue my inital reply can help.

I noticed the same thing with the text on my last post, not sure whats going on there, we'll see if this one is any different.