1 1
Cg321

New to the sport. Out of Sebastian

Hey everyone. Very very new to the sport but my obsessive nature took over after my first tandem just over a month ago and now literally every free second I have is dedicated to learning as much as possible about skydiving. I live in Brevard County so I’ll be doing my A license out of Sebastian most likely, but I broke my wrist and my arm about two weeks ago and I’m out of commission for a little bit. I was wondering everyone’s opinions on ground school; if I should wait until I’m completely healed, or start working on my ground school while I’m healing up? I look forward to meeting a bunch of cool people in the community and it seems like everyone so far is truly passionate about the sport which is awesome . 

On 7/6/2023 at 2:35 AM, Cg321 said:

I have is dedicated to learning as much as possible about skydiving.

You'll do just fine...always be a diligent student...regardless of the certificates and ratings you shall earn.

I would wish you luck, but...it should not be a factor...if you do your home work..  

I am ready to learn and get my "A" license to start. From what I've read and watched so far I am thinking AFF is the best course to follow. Can anyone give recommendations for the better skydiving schools. In either Oregon or California? Just going into the off season up in the PNW so thinking SoCal might be best. I am currently looking at Perris Valleyt and Elsinore. I did a tandem a number of years ago so I want to just get started with AFF. Love to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance

Careful with fast progressing AFF...the tent to downsize canopies a little to fast for some.

You need to be able to land safely to proceed to your next level.

Look around on this site...use search for AFF, the DZ's, and look hard at incidents and accidents.

You don't want to become a statistic on a government chart.

And...most importantly!!!.......have fun.