funjumper101

Stroke survivors that are still skydiving

I had a bad stroke  5/2020211 I am in a nursing home now I want to find a place that does hydro therapy to speed up. My recovery I want to get back to jumping when I recover enough to feel up to it I did a lot of jumps back in the day I jumped the jet at the 19993 WFFFC also known as the flood fest  32 way formation skydives  and a 36 way  two otter formation loads   We were going to try to build a large round the helio stallion that was at sky dance in  Davis Ca was at the Wffc I spent a lot of money with bill daisy at the parachute center when bill was selling blocks of 10tickets to 12000’ for$100.00 I still have a few in my logbook  was on a 20 way team out of hollistwr that almost won a 20 way competition  I got a lot of jumps out of billsDc3 and his twin beech  and the turbine Polaris porter had an exciting ride in the porter when a split flap condition happened stretch rolled the airplane level in a split second  I have gotten as far as soloing in a cessna172 so I knew what was happening while it was happening    I am kind of depressed at the thought that my only option for jumping again is tandems is there anyone who was able to resume jumping normally after having had a stroke 

I know of at least one, and he's still skydiving regularly. I don't know how long he was out, nor the extent (other than he had to take early retirement; he is a dentist). Maybe make a plan with steps to get to the tunnel to master some of the physical skills, so that it's less of a leap of faith in freefall.

It's got to be hard -- I have a cousin in the same situation. Same person, new uncooperative body.

Wendy P.