AmrAmaal

Para Dropping Using Air Balloons

In the USA it's regulated by the FAA. The pilot is licensed by the FAA and must follow airspace guidelines and file a NOTAM. Skydivers need to have a reserve parachute in their container. In other countries your mileage may vary.

Around where I live you can't get much more than about 4000 feet AGL due the starting altitude (5000 feet,) air traffic in the area (DIA regional traffic patterns routinely have commercial jets flying over and what doesn't look like much more than 5000 AGL) and him not want to have to require his passengers or himself to use oxygen. Plastic oxygen masks kind of spoil the romance of the hot air balloon flight. Plus, you know, open flame source right there and all. Presumably having three local skydivers get out halfway through the flight doesn't spoil the romance of the hot air balloon flight heh heh heh. The pilot I've worked with seems quite happy to have us along.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

The Federation Aeronautique International has little to say about balloon jumps. People have been parachuting out of balloons since shortly after the Montgolfier brothers invented hot air balloons. During World War One (a century ago) hundreds of pilots saved their lives by parachuting from flaming balloons.
During WW2 and the Cold War the British Army used barrage balloons to train static-line jumpers.
The Federation Aeronautique International has few regulations about parachuting from balloons. So you need to refer to your local federal air regulations. FARs limit which balloon you can jump from (in Canada "parachuting" must be written on the commercial operating certificate). FARs often also require a commercial-licensed balloon pilot when carrying paying passengers (e.g. skydivers). FARs also limit where you can jump. Unless you plan to jump near an existing DZ you will need to negotiate with local air traffic controllers and file a notice to airmen (NOTAM).
FARs also require reserves in most countries.
The simple answer is to visit a big DZ (Eloy, Arizona or Perris, California) when they are scheduled to jump from balloons.

Hint: if you complete your profile, it will be easier for DZers to advise about FARs in your country.

In Canada, a hot air balloon is considered as an aircraft and actually it is. Provided you have reserved the airspace with the air traffic control authority for the place you intend to jump, you shouldn't have any problem. The hot air balloon pilot has to keep radio contact with the tower or equivalent and wait their permission to allow the jumpers to jump. This stands for an air traffic control area.
Jumping from a balloon is a bit like jumping from a helicopter. You stay in the same position as you leave for 3-4 seconds before you have enough air speed to stabilize on it. That means it's better to leave the balloon in a 45 degrees angle. When I did such a jump (from a Firefly balloon), the pilot had climbed to 5500 ft and started the descent. We have jumped at about 5000 ft. Jumping during the descent makes sure the balloon doesn't surge upward when the jumpers leave, when suddenly the weight of the payload decreases. I am pretty sure the USA regulations are about the same than the ones in Canada.
Jumping from a hot air balloon can be expensive. Such a device costs 200-250$/hour to operate. That is why they don't go that much above 5000 ft. Often, the wind increases in altitude and a balloon has to cope with it. Thus, it takes very moderate wind.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.