Sabrekakkonen

Canopy flight time diffrences

How much canopy type, size, and wingloading affects to canopy flying time? Has anyone measured that?

Examples:
-Pd pulse 190 wl 1.0
-pd sabre2 190 wl 1.0
-sabre 2 135 wl 1.4
-pulse 135 wl 1.4
- Aerodyne pilot 150 wl 1.2

How big are flying time differences between these canopies, give estimation. Pulse flies about 20% longer time than sabre2??

Deimian

Nobody will give you a precise answer. Far more important than that is how you flight your canopy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good point!
Lots of steep turns and front riser dives can halve your hang time.

For even comparison, you need to load different models of canopies the same, open at the same altitude, turn gently and fly the same landing pattern.

Steep turns mean = hang time.
Heavier wing-loading = less hang time.
If factory line trim is steeper nose down = less hang time.

Nobody generally measures these things, or at least there's nobody outside of manufacturers measuring and publishing this stuff. It's not like the paragliding world where one might see a flight test that lists the minimum sink at trim speed at a particular wing loading.

I notice you mention some PD products in there. You can go to their web site and see documents comparing flight characteristics of their products, which can help in understanding how their canopies differ (eg in glide angle and descent rate).

Not exactly what you're asking for, but some of the information in this great video (actual numbers, not guesses!) are very close to answer what you ask, or at least give you a good idea.

https://youtu.be/anAPO0xqnZE
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

Borrow it from a wingsuiter friend.
Flysights are awesome tiny little devices, super helpful and useful but I honestly think they are the last thing you want to buy if you don't have your basic gear yet.

Alternatively, and arguably a more "useful" purchase for a beginner, N3 also gives you canopy descent speeds.
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.