tinypecker6904

Main canopies 2000 vs 2014

Question

Hello if this has already been asked I apologize so much to go through on these forums. Wanted to know about purchasing a canopy dom2000 vs 2014 same model with similar jump numbers and condition. Is there any difference in the openings/flight/flare? Is it ok to go with the older canopy? I’m referring to a spectre if that helps. Also it comes down to price difference that’s got me holding back would you buy a spectre 2000 for 1000$ or 2014 for 1600$? 

3 answers to this question

Similar jump numbers and condition?  I'd go for the 2000; that's $600 you could use for the rest of your rig. 

My Spectre is a 2003 DOM.  It flies no different than a newer one with similar jump numbers. 

How many jumps are on them?  

Hey thanks for the reply, they both have around 300 jumps with no holes or patches. Wasn’t sure if they changed the design of the spectre or anything like that I’m sure it would be called the 2. Do you like the openings on your spectre? Are you flying a wingsuit?

Not flying a wingsuit, but I love, love, love the openings on my Spectre. Straight and smooth every time.