1 1
spezticle

Video and telemetry

Hey guys,
Trying to get useable telemetric data out of a skydive and onto video. The Gopro hero 7 black and their quik software kinda does the trick but i've found the data to be grossly inaccurate. I 'did' power the camera on not long before exit so i probably didn't get a good gps signal lock on. I'm going to try ensuring a better gps lock and compare results.

Does anyone have experience with this or other hardware for this purpose? I know of the flysight, but unsure how to turn that into useable data to overlay onto a video.

I found a software set, http://racerender.com/ that does a neat job for things like drones and cars with ODBII sensors.

If anyone's got experience or thoughts, would love to chat about it, Thanks!

Edited by spezticle
tags

You might check out...

https://dekunu.tech/dekunu-one#data

They are Australian and no one can pronounce the name of the thing but it's an interesting unit. I was talking to them at PIA and it's a small INU with GPS, accelerometers, gyros, pressure transduicer etc. It's basically a little data logger but what is really interesting is the back end cloud software for analyzing and sharing the jump. Got a student? Let's see what your holding pattern really looked like. Where was every one relitive to that big way CRW formation as it built? How hard was that opening. I literally got mine yesterday so I have not had time to play with it but I cant wait to pull data out of it. You're supposed to be able to get the raw data from it as well. If you go to their web sight and scroll down to a video you can get some since of it. It's edited in with a lot of bull shit video like a toy commercial but there are shots of the interface as well. Looking forward to playing with mine.

Lee

32 minutes ago, RiggerLee said:

You might check out...

https://dekunu.tech/dekunu-one#data

They are Australian and no one can pronounce the name of the thing but it's an interesting unit. I was talking to them at PIA and it's a small INU with GPS, accelerometers, gyros, pressure transduicer etc. It's basically a little data logger but what is really interesting is the back end cloud software for analyzing and sharing the jump. Got a student? Let's see what your holding pattern really looked like. Where was every one relitive to that big way CRW formation as it built? How hard was that opening. I literally got mine yesterday so I have not had time to play with it but I cant wait to pull data out of it. You're supposed to be able to get the raw data from it as well. If you go to their web sight and scroll down to a video you can get some since of it. It's edited in with a lot of bull shit video like a toy commercial but there are shots of the interface as well. Looking forward to playing with mine.

Lee

I jump an X2, not a Dekunu and this is just 2nd hand, based on the 3 guys I jump with that have them.   The feedback I've got from the 3 guys I know are 1. Stopped using it because it was too buggy.  He loved it when it worked, but had lots of issues.  He said customer service is great and he had no complaints about them.  They are always releasing fixes.  The second guy loved his, but also had a few issues, but still jumps his as he said they weren't that frequent. 3rd guy has had no issues, but said he was currently only using for basics.

I'm trying to knock the dekunu, because I think it's a nice product, but I would suggest waiting till they get some bugs ironed out to use it for the data collection.

There's a few programs out there that will convert flysight data into an overlay that I've seen. I don't have a flysight, so I don't know them off the top of my head, but I've seen videos where people have done it.

In regards to your 7, have you read this thread over at GoPro?