wmw999

Class recommendation

Maybe the best class I've ever taken. From The Great Courses (yeah, I'm old and listen to Great Courses).
This one is "Everyday Engineering: Understanding the Marvels of Daily Life." He deconstructs how houses (surprisingly complex) work, and, in the latest magic, has explained 1G to 4G cell phone technology, and satellite communication, in a way that integrates it well with what I already knew, so that it didn't just flow in one ear and right back out the other.

I'm not one for random recommendations. But if you're interested in these kinds of systems, this is an absolutely fabulous class. The teacher is an emeritus professor from West Point with an enthusiastic approach that really adds to the material.

Not cheap, but worth it to me. I was a programmer in a previous life, but have a degree in sociology. I can follow the vast majority of it, so it doesn't require that you already be an engineer.

'nuf said. I get nothing from them for this.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)