nolhtairt

Karma is a bitch sometimes

The more I read and hear, the more something stinks like a week dead dog. Something just feels off to me.

Every excerpt from this book has crime-fighting detective Donna Brazile sleuthing her way to the bottom of every wrong that might have been done, while at the same time having an excuse why she did nothing about any of them.

It reads like post-rationalization that makes her sound like a victimized hero to me.

Then of course, there's the book itself - she's on all the morning TV shows promoting it, but the question remains that if she solved all of these issues at the time, why did she wait until she was publishing a book about it to make them known? Again - massively self serving.

I don't trust her.

AlanS

Donna Brazile considered replacing Clinton with Biden.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/ap-report-brazile-says-she-considered-replacing-clinton-with-biden

I didn't know she had this power.

This is from an ABC report on it. Unfortunately the book isn't out yet but the following does jive with what Brazile herself is saying. This seems like yet another case of reporters replacing something they can't make a stink about with something that they can, and just ignoring reality.

"Brazile writes that she considered several potential replacements for Clinton and Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., the vice presidential nominee, and concluded Biden and Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., would be the strongest combination to beat Donald Trump in November.

Brazile, who was abruptly brought on to replace former DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz during the party’s convention last summer, did not have the power to unilaterally remove Clinton and Kaine.
ut DNC rules give the party's chairman the authority to set the ball in motion.

"In the event of death, resignation or disability of a nominee of the Party for President or Vice President after the adjournment of the National Convention, the National Chairperson of the Democratic National Committee shall confer with the Democratic leadership of the United States Congress and the Democratic Governors Association and shall report to the Democratic National Committee, which is authorized to fill the vacancy or vacancies," the party's Convention Call states.

Furthermore, the DNC bylaws state the chair is the one to call "a special meeting to fill a vacancy on the National ticket."

yoink

***Donna Brazile just threw Wasserman-Schultz and Hillary Clinton under the bus. The DNC conspired to give control of the DNC to Hillary and her team months before she secured the nomination, effectively creating a disadvantage for Bernie Sanders, shutting him out.

All that shit and Hillary still couldn't win. Like the subject title says...

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

First thought is that that excerpt from her own book shows Brazile in the best possible light, so I'm disinclined to trust it word for word.

That said, I've been certain since before the primary that Hillary had been promised the nomination via back room deals. I'd love to see the DNC either clean house, or splinter into a real third party, but as long as the parties are private establishments there aren't really any rules...

In my ideal world, each party would raise money for their candidates that would go into a shared pot. Candidates from each party would have an upper limit on how much they are allowed to spend during their campaign (call it a million just for an easy example).

If each party has 3 candidates and raises $3m, then everyone can run at the maximum budget for a fair contest. If one party only raises $1.5m then they need to have an internal (but transparent) discussion on how to split that between their candidates, but you couldn't just assign all of it to a single candidate.

Yeah you have a point... Except that Elizabeth Warren answered "yes" when asked if Hillary conspired to take control of the DNC months before winning the nomination. So it's not just Brazile.

Even then... the whole brouhaha leads me to think "there's no honor among thieves". They're all pointing fingers at each other and everybody else.

yoink

******Donna Brazile just threw Wasserman-Schultz and Hillary Clinton under the bus. The DNC conspired to give control of the DNC to Hillary and her team months before she secured the nomination, effectively creating a disadvantage for Bernie Sanders, shutting him out.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

They will rationalize the cheating bitch because it's not about her, it's about the party. Eventually they will throw her under the bus because she is irrelevant to there in goals

Throw her under the bus for what, exactly?

I agree, what she and the DNC did is completely unethical, but at the moment it doesn't look like they broke any rules, unfortunately.
She didn't cheat because she didn't break the rules. That's not the same as playing fair though.

And to be honest, who cares about throwing her under the bus at this point in time apart from you extreme right wing folks? Like you said - she's completely irrelevant now. I'd much rather effort was put into current issues.

The fact that you use the term 'bitch' to describe her shows how emotional you are about it (and hence how you are probably unable to make a rational argument). Maybe you should do what I've done - move on from Hillary. Just take a breath and let it go. She didn't win, she'll never hold another position of power. There are more important things to get angry over.

Edit: If it turns out that she did break some rules, then I'm all for throwing the book at her without mercy. An example should be set IF she broke the rules.

I can imagine some new rules being established to prevent this from happening again. Like you cannot take control of the DNC UNTIL you officially win the nomination.

Anyway, my wife voted for Hillary, but now she wishes Hillary would just shut the fuck up and go away. She's the one trying to be relevant and stick around.

nolhtairt

*********Donna Brazile just threw Wasserman-Schultz and Hillary Clinton under the bus. The DNC conspired to give control of the DNC to Hillary and her team months before she secured the nomination, effectively creating a disadvantage for Bernie Sanders, shutting him out.

They will rationalize the cheating bitch because it's not about her, it's about the party. Eventually they will throw her under the bus because she is irrelevant to there in goals

I agree, what she and the DNC did is completely unethical, but at the moment it doesn't look like they broke any rules, unfortunately.
She didn't cheat because she didn't break the rules. That's not the same as playing fair though.

And to be honest, who cares about throwing her under the bus at this point in time apart from you extreme right wing folks? Like you said - she's completely irrelevant now. I'd much rather effort was put into current issues.

The fact that you use the term 'bitch' to describe her shows how emotional you are about it (and hence how you are probably unable to make a rational argument). Maybe you should do what I've done - move on from Hillary. Just take a breath and let it go. She didn't win, she'll never hold another position of power. There are more important things to get angry over.

Edit: If it turns out that she did break some rules, then I'm all for throwing the book at her without mercy. An example should be set IF she broke the rules.

I can imagine some new rules being established to prevent this from happening again. Like you cannot take control of the DNC UNTIL you officially win the nomination.

Anyway, my wife voted for Hillary, but now she wishes Hillary would just shut the fuck up and go away. She's the one trying to be relevant and stick around.

Tell your wife she is right on the money. Hillary's reputation lost the election. It should have been a slam dunk, a world series grand slam, a Stanley cup hat-trick, a ...

Phil1111

************Donna Brazile just threw Wasserman-Schultz and Hillary Clinton under the bus. The DNC conspired to give control of the DNC to Hillary and her team months before she secured the nomination, effectively creating a disadvantage for Bernie Sanders, shutting him out.

Tell your wife she is right on the money. Hillary's reputation lost the election. It should have been a slam dunk, a world series grand slam, a Stanley cup hat-trick, a ...

I'm convinced that if Clinton had had a stroke at the last second and a panicked DNC somehow nominated an unknown used car salesman from Asheville Kentucky we'd have a Democrat President right now.