mbohn

Ken Bernek

Ken was the most special person I have had the pleasure of knowing. He truly was the heart of our dropzone, an amazing canopy pilot, and the best friend anyone could have. I never thought we would have to say goodbye to someone like him so soon. It is a great loss, but we are lucky to have had our lives touched by Ken Bernek; as we are all better people for it. I love you so much, and you will always be with us

I don't know if I ever met a happier person. I don't have a single memory of Ken NOT smiling. He loved this sport and was a joy to be around, on and off the DZ. I didn't know Ken nearly as well as many, but still considered myself lucky to call him a friend. I cannot imagine the next time I am at MWFF that he won't be there, jumping on every load.

My heart goes out to all his family and friends for this loss. The world is a darker place without his light in it. I cannot imagine the grief you all must be feeling at this devastating loss.

It's been many years since I had the pleasure of hanging out with Ken "Big Boy" Bernek. I started jumping at Skydive Tecumseh and Ken quickly became a good friend. We jumped together, road-tripped together, and partied together. Ken was a really good person and I agree, I never saw him EVER in anything but a great mood. He spread positive energy wherever he went.

I moved away and didn't keep in touch with many people from up North, but I was incredibly saddened to hear of Ken's passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of his close friends and family. I'm sure this is a big loss for many.