borveig

Diego at EmpuriaBrava

Diego was my friend and also part of my family, he did his first jump with me and he got hooked immediately, he lived his live as he wanted.
We used to go on sports together, and speed was always involved, Karting, motorbike races and when he started on skydiving I went on car racing.
He always was a friend for those among him,and I cant understand no one from skydiving came to say goodbye yesterday, no regret just a thought.
I take what I call controlled risks, and In the sports I practice things happen but we are in the happy times and also in the sad ones. Is just a thing I can't understand.
Keep on flying Diego I will try to teach Pablo all the things you loved.

Borveig : I'm very sorry to hear that you lost a good friend. I was at Emp' this weekend (at the DZ not the beach) and heard later in that day, with shock, about the accident.

Words arent enough so our thoughts are with all of you.

Vaya con dios.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Dear Friend of Diego,

So sorry to hear you have lost a great friend. And that your friend leaves a lady and child.

I was a participant at the Beach Boogie. I didn't see the accident. The night before I met Diego for the first time. He was dining next to our table. I tried to order my food in Spanish, which is not my best language. So he help me on the words.

Even in that short time and with his friendly smile I feel really sad about this. And I may be happy to have seen a smile of your friend

Please bring my best whiches and strength to his family and friend. And take care of the little Pablo.

Diego, fly forever in that big blue sky!

Ciao Frederique
Good girls go Skydiving, Bad girls go Swooping!

I only knew Diego for a few days,

I was working at the Beach Boogie with Emeric as the rescue team,
I can't put what i'm thinking into words.
I know he had some very good friends here at Empuriabrava.

Emeric, Davide and myself watched the load take-off with the ashes, and after the three of us did a jump in his Memory.

Blue Skies forever,

Nigel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

Hello,
This post is late but I've only just joined dropzone and seen the thread.

Diego was a good friend, we did our basic and advanced canopy handling courses together and had a lot of fun in the sky in between. I really miss his laughter and smile. I still somehow expect to see him at the DZ.

He lived his life well and died with his boots on. I'm sure his only regret would be missing his child growing up.

I only regret that I didn't find out about his death until after the funeral, I phoned him to arrange to go skydiving.

Farewell to a good man.
Jumpbum