JerryBaumchen

Weapons Ban

Reasonably certain that's going nowhere.

Under Obama the NRA would be sowing fear to their members which would cause a rush in gun sales, but under Trump, I think this just makes them laugh. They know they own Congress, the Oval and half the Supremes. If this looked like it would head to the Supremes, then they'd delay until Trump gets his stolen seat filled.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The statement in the decision about the second amendment not applying to "weapons of war" and therefore the ban is legal just shows how poorly those involved understand firearms. NO readily available semi-automatic rifle is a 'weapon of war' or meets the definition of an assault rifle. While there may be folks in uniform around the world using semi-automatic rifles, and others HAVE been military battle rifles and 'weapons of war' (M1 Garand, 8 round clip loaded internal magazine), these aren't.

Not to mention the law is absurd. A mini 14 is banned but not a mini 30. A Ruger AR 556 is banned but a SR 556 is exempted. Another AR-15 type rifle is banned but the heavier barrel version isn't. If the antigun folks writing these laws had a clue we'd be in trouble. If someone believes in the intent of the law they should at least be educated enough on firearms to write a meaningful statute.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE