ryoder

"Zero Days"(2016)

This film was released 2016-07-08, and to my pleasant surprise, it is already available on iTunes, so I watched it last night.

It is the story of "Stuxnet", by documentary film maker Alex Gibney.
It is a must see!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5446858/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I thought I knew something about Stuxnet, but I didn't know squat.

Sure I knew it targeted Iranian centrifuges, but the technical details were far more sophisticated than I had read. On top of that, the reasons for its existence, and the politics behind it were something I knew nothing about.

And did you know the spook agencies of one country are pissed as hell at the spook agencies of another country over it? And we are talking about two countries that are allies!

The after-effects of Stuxnet are also eye-opening.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

jclalor

I googled Alex Gibney today, interestingly, the first thing on him is a hysterically funny rant by Scientology.

http://www.freedommag.org/hbo/?vid=alex-gibney?source=gaw&gclid=COCFg5TQwc4CFYkBaQodf5MNwA

That has been on my "To Watch" list, but iTunes still wants $10 to "buy" it. I checked around just now and found that Google Play has it for $5, so I may watch it tonight.

Doesn't reading that rant just make you want to grab the author, give them a good shaking and scream in their face: "Look; You are following a 'religion' created just 60 years ago by a science fiction writer; THINK about it!":S