winsor

Pig Party

It finally hit me why this election seemed so familiar.

A longstanding tradition at fraternities, even more so than the 'Toga Party,' is the 'Pig Party,' and it goes like this.

Every brother invites the very least attractive female he can find to a 'formal' dinner. When she shows up dressed to the nines, she takes inventory of the other women in attendance, and concludes that she is as good looking as any of them.

After a fabulous dinner and large helpings of booze, the girls are driven home.

All the brothers have put money into a pot, and the one who gets a blowjob from the ugliest girl wins it all. If she barfs in his lap, that is considered proof positive.

The candidates for this go around are on a par with the girls at the frat. Various dullards and half wits look at the field and think "gee, I'm as smart and eloquent as any of these guys! How hard can it be?"

It's kind of like winning the Special Olympics - sure you won, but you're still retarded. Admittedly, comparing the candidates for President on this go around to Special Olympians is an insult to the mentally handicapped, but the analogy still works.

It is unfortunate that anyone with the combination of brains and political finesse sufficient to do well at the job wouldn't be caught dead on stage with the cretins from whom we must select. The old adage applies where one is advised not to argue with an idiot, since it devolves into a series of idiotic arguments.

When I consider the real issues we face against the skill sets of those likely to inhabit the Oval Office in the next go around, it reinforces the sense that we're doomed.

Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted.

BSBD,

Winsor

winsor

It finally hit me why this election seemed so familiar.

A longstanding tradition at fraternities, even more so than the 'Toga Party,' is the 'Pig Party,' and it goes like this.

Every brother invites the very least attractive female he can find to a 'formal' dinner. When she shows up dressed to the nines, she takes inventory of the other women in attendance, and concludes that she is as good looking as any of them.

After a fabulous dinner and large helpings of booze, the girls are driven home.

All the brothers have put money into a pot, and the one who gets a blowjob from the ugliest girl wins it all. If she barfs in his lap, that is considered proof positive.

The candidates for this go around are on a par with the girls at the frat. Various dullards and half wits look at the field and think "gee, I'm as smart and eloquent as any of these guys! How hard can it be?"

It's kind of like winning the Special Olympics - sure you won, but you're still retarded. Admittedly, comparing the candidates for President on this go around to Special Olympians is an insult to the mentally handicapped, but the analogy still works.

It is unfortunate that anyone with the combination of brains and political finesse sufficient to do well at the job wouldn't be caught dead on stage with the cretins from whom we must select. The old adage applies where one is advised not to argue with an idiot, since it devolves into a series of idiotic arguments.

When I consider the real issues we face against the skill sets of those likely to inhabit the Oval Office in the next go around, it reinforces the sense that we're doomed.

Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted.

BSBD,

Winsor

I know we travel different roads on our life's journey but when it come to anticipating the future of America, we end up at the same rest stop reading the same news.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.