airdvr

Cincinnati cop faces murder charge in driver's killing

Anvilbrother

******If there had been a female duct taped in the trunk and the cop let him run and get away it would be a completely oposite dialog coming from some here.

Not if there was no reason to believe he was a kidnapper.

Just in case though, you'd better shoot the next few people you see driving and check their trunks. Better safe than sorry.

Yea right the headline would read "officer under investigation for failing to thoroughly investigate a traffic stop that lead to the death of XXX"

Ever heard of cops letting people go for a DUI then have them end up killing someone in a crash? How did the public treat them for that mistake?

What, like if there was a reason to believe they were drunk?

Like I just pointed out would be a different situation?

:S
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

skypuppy

If a cop was drawing a gun while interacting with me, that would be enforcing compliance. he doesn't have to point it at me. Merely putting his hand on it would reinforce to me that I'd better pay attention. The fact that the driver didn't pay attention is what led to the rest of the problem, IMO...

And what if it didn't? What is the next temp to emphasis compliance if not point it at someone? By trying to dodge the question you're making it clear that you believe it is ok for a cop to draw his weapon to intimidate someone who is not presenting any threat, but not to point it at them.

Which is insane.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?