rushmc

big Education is NOT going to like this!!!

A Los Angeles Superior Court judge has struck down teacher tenure as unconstitutional, ruling in the highly-anticipated Vergara v. California case that such protections

What a great ruling!!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-California/2014/06/10/Breaking-California-Judge-Strikes-Down-Teacher-Tenure-in-Vergara-Case
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

A Los Angeles Superior Court judge has struck down teacher tenure as unconstitutional, ruling in the highly-anticipated Vergara v. California case that such protections

What a great ruling!!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-California/2014/06/10/Breaking-California-Judge-Strikes-Down-Teacher-Tenure-in-Vergara-Case

Now if we could only get vouchers . . . We would have competition then.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

that is huge,
I've read horror stories of teachers that are real trash and the union protects them,ensures they're return to work.

It's a perversion of the Unions responsibility and workers rights.

A teacher convicted of sexual assault of a student, was represented by the Union, which made the case the teachers contract is valid, and must receive his pay per the contract for the rest of his life, regardless if he is in prison.:S

richravizza

that is huge,
I've read horror stories of teachers that are real trash and the union protects them,ensures they're return to work.

A teacher convicted of sexual assault of a student, was represented by the Union, which made the case the teachers contract is valid, and must receive his pay per the contract for the rest of his life, regardless if he is in prison.:S

Sounds apocryphal to me.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***that is huge,

Sounds apocryphal to me.

I agree. im no fan of unions but thats silly to believe they are paid in jail.

I know in NYC, before they did away with the rubber rooms, teachers were paid until they were convicted. Now they can be suspended without pay if the evidence is overwhelming. Its still nearly impossible to fire one though. of course, they ARE fired for sexual offenses and obviously not paid a salary while in jail.

http://cloudfront-assets.reason.com/assets/db/12639308918768.pdf

so basically, if you show up to work and dont touch a kid, you have a job for life. oh and raises for getting old, no need to prove excellence or even competence. just show up. my biased opinion.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante