StreetScooby

NYC liberal coucilman has lost his mind...

Councilman’s idea to stop NYPD’s ‘minor’ arrests is wrong

:S:S:S NYC is going into the toilet...

Williams’ Resolution No. 91 is nonbinding, but it calls on the police and MTA to “stop arresting people for committing minor infractions in the transit system.” Even if someone is known to be a habitual criminal, it specifies, the police should not arrest him or her for committing a “minor infraction,” because “an arrest can cause significant stress” to the criminal.

We are all engines of karma

StreetScooby

Councilman’s idea to stop NYPD’s ‘minor’ arrests is wrong

:S:S:S NYC is going into the toilet...

Williams’ Resolution No. 91 is nonbinding, but it calls on the police and MTA to “stop arresting people for committing minor infractions in the transit system.” Even if someone is known to be a habitual criminal, it specifies, the police should not arrest him or her for committing a “minor infraction,” because “an arrest can cause significant stress” to the criminal.

By all means - lets put the feelings of the delinquent in front of everyone else.:S
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Right before Bill de Blassio became mayor, the NYPD gave him a taste of what stopping stop-question-frisk would be like. They let homeless people start sleeping on the subways. Within a week, you had a mess. They made their point... NYC liberals have absolutely lost their minds. This is only the beginning...
We are all engines of karma

i read the article you linked and can say this is the first ive really heard of this complaint. doubt its going anywhere. there has been a lot of chatter about the transit crack down though. most people feel sorry for the performers and churro ladies. i believe people do see it as a victim less crime. i totally understand how the police need to maintain order and while we might enjoy the music, many of them are breaking the law. many performers are legal, fyi, the city has a program that allows street performing but not all bother with the formality.

i find your comment about NYC liberals losing it quite humorous. who isnt a liberal in NYC? even the heads of the biggest investment banks are Dem's. we have liberals, extreme liberals and tourists. hah.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante