rickjump1

Egypt: U.S. Embassy official in contact with Muslim Brotherhood arrested

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/02/egypt-u-s-embassy-official-in-contact-with-muslim-brotherhood-arrested?utm_source=Jihad+Watch+Daily+Digest&utm_campaign=0603471723-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_ffcbf57bbb-0603471723-123357293 I don't see BHO taking a vacation to see the pyramids in the near future. These people are pissed at him.

Just a couple of comments:
“Obama was the target of vociferous criticism during the anti-Brotherhood demonstrations last summer for his uncritical support of the Brotherhood:

Some posters during the Egyptian revolution that toppled the Muslim Brotherhood regime read:

'Wake up America, Obama backs up a facist regime in Egypt'
'Obama supports terrorism'
'Obama, your bitch is our dictator'

http://crossmuslims.blogspot.ca/2013/07/the-end-of-muslim-brotherhood.html
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

rickjump1

I don't see BHO taking a vacation to see the pyramids in the near future.

I was thinking the same thing about pretty much every American about a year ago.

So, lemme get this straight . . .

You think there is something unusual with staff from a US Embassy contacting people in other countries, some of which are hostile to the US.

Is that about it?

Um . . . that's a big part of what every US Embassy does.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***I don't see BHO taking a vacation to see the pyramids in the near future.

I was thinking the same thing about pretty much every American about a year ago.

So, lemme get this straight . . .

You think there is something unusual with staff from a US Embassy contacting people in other countries, some of which are hostile to the US.

Is that about it?

Um . . . that's a big part of what every US Embassy does.

Looks like this "staff" member was a local snitch for the US Embassy who had connections with the Muslim Brotherhood "in Egypt". Of course the Egyptian government was happy to know the US Embassy kept him employed after the little revolution that "removed Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood". Another brilliant move in American foreign affairs.

Point is . . . that's what happens at embassies. Not just ours but pretty much every embassy for every country in the world. Besides "diplomatic" functions, they are the local HQ for spy vs spy. We turn some of theirs, they turn some of ours. Both sides know the other is doing it, but it's difficult to keep track of who is simply a spy and who is a double.

The fact one particular case went good, bad or indifferent at any particular embassy doesn't say a whole lot about the status of anything as a whole.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

"The fact one particular case went good, bad or indifferent at any particular embassy doesn't say a whole lot about the status of anything as a whole".

Oh, you mean like Benghazi? Yeah, we're still there.