rickjump1

New Jersey: Muslim freed from pipe at water treatment plant, faces criminal charges

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/01/new-jersey-muslim-freed-from-pipe-at-water-treatment-plant-faces-criminal-charges.html"United Water spokesman Rich Henning said Mohamed broke into the plant that treats and pumps water for the township of Manalapan. Workers heard cries for help coming from the pipe around 7 a.m. Friday.

This was a person that purposely climbed a six-foot fence with three or four layers of barbed wire on top,” Henning said."

.......maybe he was just planning to "test" the waters.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

skinnay

Guarantee he was looking for copper to steal. Meanwhile this week multiple people were gunned down by angry white americans in multiple shootings.

Do you plan to report every crime committed by a non white American, too?

Or are you just displaying your bigotry?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

***Guarantee he was looking for copper to steal. Meanwhile this week multiple people were gunned down by angry white americans in multiple shootings.

Do you plan to report every crime committed by a non white American, too?

I don't recall seeing any thread started by skinnay that had an obviously bigoted slant. Maybe you can link to one for us.

Skinnay's comment was a perfectly fair response to the OP.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Perhaps if we could simply report shit it would be okay. But no, we have to find some reason to criticize the reporting.

We don't give a shit about the holocaust in the inner city. People just don't care. I've been critical of that.

But nope, put something out there that doesn't also report every variable and get criticized. Sure, a guy crawling into a water treatment seems weird. It's a bit different from the guy peeing in the reservoir a couple of years ago.

lawrocket

But nope, put something out there that doesn't also report every variable and get criticized. Sure, a guy crawling into a water treatment seems weird.

Actually the thread title didn't mention gender, race, age, sexual orientation, disability status, or ANY variable except religion.

Well, sure. A Muslim in New Jersey?

Question: do you think the FBI, CIA, etc., is investigating this guy's background? If so, are they bigots?

Here's a thing: what is inappropriate to bring up? What facts shouldn't be stated? Come to think of it, you yourself seem to look quite fondly at pointing out certain religions as bigoted. You have no issue pointing out that lynchings occurred in the "Christian South."

What did religion have to do with that?

How about reading what Howard E. Jones said to his congregation. http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/shipp/sermon.html

Read about US v. Shipp for context of this sermon. Which was given right before Dr. Jones' house was burned to the ground.

Who, doctor, is the voice of Christianity?

skinnay

Sensitive are we? I'm simply pointing out that whites kill far more people than muslims do in the US. I'm actually not the one who is reporting every crime from any group, so maybe you should take that up with rick?

I think if you add up the numbers (don't forget 9-11), I think you will find far more acts of terrorism have been committed in the name of Allah in the United States. I don't believe Timothy McVeigh's act of terrorism had anything to do with religion. Please don't recite witch burnings. Let's keep this reasonably up to date.. Of course, this was not an attempted act of terrorism. Right?

rickjump1

***Sensitive are we? I'm simply pointing out that whites kill far more people than muslims do in the US. I'm actually not the one who is reporting every crime from any group, so maybe you should take that up with rick?

I think if you add up the numbers (don't forget 9-11), I think you will find far more acts of terrorism have been committed in the name of Allah in the United States. I don't believe Timothy McVeigh's act of terrorism had anything to do with religion. Please don't recite witch burnings. Let's keep this reasonably up to date.. Of course, this was not an attempted act of terrorism. Right?

I also note his bigoted characterization that whites and Muslims are mutually exclusive. One would think we've gone beyond the characterizations of Muslims are dark skinned.

If skinnay really wants to play this game, his very statement speaks volumes. Here's some news - there are Muslims of every race. There are Christians of every race. Skinnay differentiates whites from Muslims.

Perhaps if we could simply report shit it would be okay. But no, we have to find some reason to criticize the reporting.

It's funny how you assume an ulterior motive for criticising while dismissing the possibility of an ulterior motive for reporting.

Come on, you know Rick's agenda. Everyone knows Rick's agenda.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

In general if you're reading an article about an event, and you find yourself reading about other incidents that the author wants you to be thinking about by the second paragraph, you've got some bias issues going on.

Calm down. Get done telling me what you know about this event, then (if you must) go ahead and mention some past events you'd like to compare it to. Jumping around all scatterbrained because you're way too excited that you have another data point you think confirms your world view is annoying.

This goes for whatever the latest thing some Muslim did, or an asshat shooting people, or skydiving incidents, or an air strike in Yemen, or whatever.

lawrocket

******Sensitive are we? I'm simply pointing out that whites kill far more people than muslims do in the US. I'm actually not the one who is reporting every crime from any group, so maybe you should take that up with rick?

I also note his bigoted characterization that whites and Muslims are mutually exclusive.

Incorrect. His statement does not in any way imply that they are non-intersecting sets. Your inference reflects on you, not on him.

kallend

Incorrect. His statement does not in any way imply _______. Your inference reflects on you, not on him.

It's entirely possible for what someone intended to convey and the implications of what he or she wrote to be different without malfeasance on the part of the reader. A Rorschach test, this post was not.

Indeed, in this particular venue, the better money in any misunderstanding is on the writer having caused it intentionally.

champu

***Incorrect. His statement does not in any way imply _______. Your inference reflects on you, not on him.

It's entirely possible for what someone intended to convey and the implications of what he or she wrote to be different without malfeasance on the part of the reader. A Rorschach test, this post was not.

Indeed, in this particular venue, the better money in any misunderstanding is on the writer having caused it intentionally.

Set theory at that level is pretty simple. You should look it up.

champu

In general if you're reading an article about an event, and you find yourself reading about other incidents that the author wants you to be thinking about by the second paragraph, you've got some bias issues going on.

Calm down. Get done telling me what you know about this event, then (if you must) go ahead and mention some past events you'd like to compare it to. Jumping around all scatterbrained because you're way too excited that you have another data point you think confirms your world view is annoying.

This goes for whatever the latest thing some Muslim did, or an asshat shooting people, or skydiving incidents, or an air strike in Yemen, or whatever.

Calm down? Get your head out of the sand. This is "like" something right out of an Al-Qaeda ops manual. Did you bother reading the different sources? They pretty much spell it out including a list of post 9/11 unsuccessful attempts for similar targets against civilians.

"The jihad threat to the water supply is real. And as far back as 2002, the feds arrested two jihadis who were carrying plans about how to poison water supplies. In 2003, al-Qaeda threatened to poison water supplies in Western countries. In 2011, a jihadi in Spain likewise planned to poison water supplies.
And in May 2013, seven Muslim "chemical engineers" were caught trespassing at the Quabbin Reservoir, a key supply of water for Boston, after midnight. Only months later and indirectly did we hear that it was a "criminal matter." That same month, jihadists were caught in Canada who had considered poisoning air and water to murder up to 100,000 people."

I believe the man was on a recon mission that went bad. You're right about one thing: it does confirm "my world view" about the goals of Al Qaeda/Islamic extremism in the United States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foiled_Islamic_terrorist_plots_in_the_post-9/11_United_States
"List of unsuccessful terrorist plots in the United States post-9/11"

On the bright side, I can appreciate the irony that, in the same thread where I'm trying to explain to kallend that it's not always the fault of the reader when an implication the author hadn't intended is perceived, someone would respond to a post of mine like this.

kallend

Do you plan to report every crime committed by a Christian too?

"Do you plan to report every crime committed by a Christian too?" If it's considered actual or attempted domestic or international terrorism, yes.

"Or are you just displaying your bigotry?" You've already made up your mind on that.

rickjump1

"Or are you just displaying your bigotry?" You've already made up your mind on that.

I expect most people who've been reading your posts on here for a while have made up theirs too.

At least you don't hide it, so you get honesty points on that.

rickjump1

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/01/new-jersey-muslim-freed-from-pipe-at-water-treatment-plant-faces-criminal-charges.html"United Water spokesman Rich Henning said Mohamed broke into the plant that treats and pumps water for the township of Manalapan. Workers heard cries for help coming from the pipe around 7 a.m. Friday.

You can see that Quabbin reservoir from over the skies of Skydive Orange in western Massachusetts. It's my understanding that this is the water supply for all of Boston. If you wanted to poison a bunch of people, that would be a good place to do it. One of the jump pilots there told me that even if you have to ditch an airplane in the lake, you're in serious trouble for polluting the water with oil and gas. Just look at all the chaos created by the West Virginia water pollution incident. This is not something to be taken lightly.

Oh, and some of you are over-reacting to the source of the linked news story. If you don't like that one, it's also available in many other mainstream news sites.