Andy9o8

YET ANOTHER Republican clueless about rape

champu

"Could it be that X is occuring because Y?"

"Uh, X is not occuring."

"A minor point! I'd expect a Y to argue that way."

Are the incidences of rape increasing?
If yes, is it the fault of Republicans?
If no, is it the oversight of Democrats?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>Funny thing, being a momma's boy raised by a Godly Christian woman, I
>never interpreted those Scriptures as indicating superiority of men.

Cool, and to be clear, I wasn't suggesting that you did. What I was suggesting was that since the Bible is very explicit on how women should submit to, obey and fear men, and that men are superior to women, that someone could then believe that such superiority was a Christian imperative. This makes it easier to justify rape.

>Why is rape increasing in a culture where the Liberal philosophy is gaining in popularity?

It's not. From Wikipedia:

=========
According to a March 2013 report from the U.S. Department of Justice’s Bureau of Justice Statistics, from 1995 to 2010, the estimated annual rate of female rape or sexual assault declined 58%, from 5.0 victimizations per 1,000 females age 12 or older to 2.1 per 1,000. Assaults on young women aged 12-17 declined from 11.3 per 1,000 in 1994-1998 to 4.1 per 1,000 in 2005-2010; assaults on women aged 18-34 also declined over the same period, from 7.0 per 1,000 to 3.7.
=========

Given that rape has traditionally been under-reported, and nowadays is being reported more frequently due to women's rights activism, that decline is likely even more dramatic. Perhaps there is a link between that decline and liberalism, which teaches women that they do not have to submit to men.

>Why is it a crime on the increase while the belief in God is on the decrease?

Looks like they are both on the decrease.

billvon

>Funny thing, being a momma's boy raised by a Godly Christian woman, I
>never interpreted those Scriptures as indicating superiority of men.

Cool, and to be clear, I wasn't suggesting that you did. What I was suggesting was that since the Bible is very explicit on how women should submit to, obey and fear men, and that men are superior to women, that someone could then believe that such superiority was a Christian imperative. This makes it easier to justify rape.

>Why is rape increasing in a culture where the Liberal philosophy is gaining in popularity?

It's not. From Wikipedia:

=========
According to a March 2013 report from the U.S. Department of Justice’s Bureau of Justice Statistics, from 1995 to 2010, the estimated annual rate of female rape or sexual assault declined 58%, from 5.0 victimizations per 1,000 females age 12 or older to 2.1 per 1,000. Assaults on young women aged 12-17 declined from 11.3 per 1,000 in 1994-1998 to 4.1 per 1,000 in 2005-2010; assaults on women aged 18-34 also declined over the same period, from 7.0 per 1,000 to 3.7.
=========

Given that rape has traditionally been under-reported, and nowadays is being reported more frequently due to women's rights activism, that decline is likely even more dramatic. Perhaps there is a link between that decline and liberalism, which teaches women that they do not have to submit to men.

>Why is it a crime on the increase while the belief in God is on the decrease?

Looks like they are both on the decrease.

Two points, if rape and sexual assault on females is decreasing and there is only a 5% probability of pregnancy, earlier cite, why are Republicans being stalked for saying weird comments?

Secondly, the Bible does not say that women should fear men. They are to be a helper, guide, home manager, mother, etc. If your interpretation was accurate no Christian women would ever be willing to live with a man. It makes no sense that a woman should fear a man that cherishes her, that loves her more than his own body.

That is what the Bible teaches.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>Two points, if rape and sexual assault on females is decreasing and there is only a 5%
>probability of pregnancy, earlier cite, why are Republicans being stalked for saying
>weird comments?

Because:

1) many people find rape worth combating even if it is decreasing
2) many people think that claiming women weren't really raped actually CONTRIBUTES to rape, because it gives the rapist a way out

>Secondly, the Bible does not say that women should fear men.

1 Peter 3

"Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear."

Ephesians 5:33 was originally "let each man love his wife as he does himself, and see that the wife fears her husband." The greek word "phobeo" is translated everywhere else in the bible as "fear" (and that's where "phobia" comes from) but in newer politically-correct editions it is translated as "respect."

It just amazes me that you cling to your awkward interpretation when you know in your heart it is not correct.

Christian women would not marry if they thought their husbands would beat them.

Ephesians 5:

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself up for it;

26 that he might sanctify it, having cleansed it by the washing of water with the word,

27 that he might present the church to himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 Even so ought husbands also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his own wife loveth himself:

29 for no man ever hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as Christ also the church;

30 because we are members of his body.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh.

32 This mystery is great: but I speak in regard of Christ and of the church.

33 Nevertheless do ye also severally love each one his own wife even as himself; and let the wife see that she fear her husband.

All that about love and you focus on fear.
Amazing, simply amazing.

RonD1120

***"Could it be that X is occuring because Y?"

"Uh, X is not occuring."

"A minor point! I'd expect a Y to argue that way."

Are the incidences of rape increasing?
If yes, is it the fault of Republicans?

Yes, it is.

So what are you going to do about your power tripping, we say who can do what in the bedroom, republican party philosophy that is driving people to rape?

No dodging the question now:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>It just amazes me that you cling to your awkward interpretation when you know in
>your heart it is not correct. Christian women would not marry if they thought their
>husbands would beat them.

You're not reading what I am posting then.

I don't think any of the mainstream modern Christian churches teach that women should live in fear. I don't think most Christian women think their husbands are going to beat them. And if you read the Bible you can find plenty of examples of where it says men and women should live in harmony, husbands should love their wives etc - far more than you can find examples of where it says women should fear men.

HOWEVER, the Bible DOES say in places that men are superior to women, women should submit to their husbands, they should fear them etc. (You can't deny this; you quoted it yourself.) Thus if someone really wants to believe that, they can find those passages that support their beliefs.

Are they missing the overall gist of the Bible? Definitely. There are Christians who only heed those parts of the Bible, just as there are lots of people who think the "72 virgins" thing in the Koran* is all there is to how Muslims treat women. These Christians, although they make up a minority of all Christians, can (and have) used the Bible to justify their misogynistic views - and such misogynistic views can lead to sexual assault and rape.

(* - not even really in the Koran; doesn't matter to most people.)

RonD1120

That is ridiculous.

Why? Surely, if during Bush's presidency (including republican control of both houses) followed by the rise of the Tea Party instances of rape were increasing then we must look to the conservative philosophy to find out why?

Well, what have you got to say for yourself?

RonD1120

Two points, if rape and sexual assault on females is decreasing and there is only a 5% probability of pregnancy, earlier cite, why are Republicans being stalked for saying weird comments?

Because Republicans want to pass laws governing reproductive systems that they clearly don't have the slightest understanding of.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

livendive

***Two points, if rape and sexual assault on females is decreasing and there is only a 5% probability of pregnancy, earlier cite, why are Republicans being stalked for saying weird comments?

Because Republicans want to pass laws governing reproductive systems that they clearly don't have the slightest understanding of.

Blues,
Dave

I wouldn't lay that just on Republicans. Man and woman create a human child. To kill that child for convenience is evil. Politics just seems to be the only avenue to combat that evil.

But, we both know that this country is on the path of evil and retribution is coming. Well, I am aware of it. You may not be.

jakee

My wife and I are in the process of escaping to our Christian enclave to make the final stand.

RonD1120

My wife and I are in the process of escaping to our Christian enclave to make the final stand.

Have fun. Just avoid the Kool Aid.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

;)

Have fun. Just avoid the Kool Aid.

RonD1120

******Two points, if rape and sexual assault on females is decreasing and there is only a 5% probability of pregnancy, earlier cite, why are Republicans being stalked for saying weird comments?

Blues,
Dave

I wouldn't lay that just on Republicans. Man and woman create a human child. To kill that child for convenience is evil. Politics just seems to be the only avenue to combat that evil.

But, we both know that this country is on the path of evil and retribution is coming. Well, I am aware of it. You may not be.

Wait - are you chuteless?
Never try to eat more than you can lift

RonD1120

******Two points, if rape and sexual assault on females is decreasing and there is only a 5% probability of pregnancy, earlier cite, why are Republicans being stalked for saying weird comments?

Blues,
Dave

So you believe that termination of a rape-conceived pregnancy is killing a child for convenience? I'd argue that a) it's not killing a child unless we're talking late term and b) it's not just for convenience.

I have it on good authority that you readily accept things on faith despite a complete and total lack of evidence, so you'll have to pardon my misgivings on the basis of your credulity.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

RonD1120

Good idea. Who wouldn't want to escape the wave of amorality brought on by conservative influence in the modern world?

jakee

Good idea. Who wouldn't want to escape the wave of amorality brought on by conservative influence in the modern world?

I think you mean Republicans, not synonymous with Conservative. I am only interested in American problems.