OHCHUTE

Insurance sales people left out via OBAMACARE

Your tax dollars are funding the hiring of "navigators," unlicensed insurance sales people, to aid signing up people to insurance via state healthcare exchanges. This is like funding unlicensed real estate people to help disadvantaged people buy houses.
I suspect in most cases the states will hire Spanish speaking people to help spanish speaking people get subsidized (by you) health insurance. Many of these navigators will be illegal aliens, who will be signing up illegal aliens to basically free healthcare insurance.

States are ignoring their own state insurance requirements, licensing of agents etc., in taking federal money that is made available to do this program.

In most states, selling insurance is a profession involving a license, and taking continuing education prior to each license renewal.

Looks like licensed insurance sales people are cut out of this business. Should everyone buy through health care exchanges, or through their work, this would greatly reduce a huge educated and dedicated work force.

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Newsletters/Washington-Health-Policy-in-Review/2013/May/May-20-2013/Navigators-of-State-Health-Insurance-Exchanges.aspx

I have no idea how all of this is going to unfold. However we did go through just a couple of years ago the setting up of similar exchanges with Medicare Part D. There was a lot of confusion and uncertainty. I helped some people navigate through the choices available and the online process actually worked fairly smoothly.

It is possible that this is going to be a much more complicated and less functional system.

Just thought I would throw one possible data point in there. I suspect you are not much interested in data based on your posting history.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Southern_Man

I have no idea how all of this is going to unfold. However we did go through just a couple of years ago the setting up of similar exchanges with Medicare Part D. There was a lot of confusion and uncertainty. I helped some people navigate through the choices available and the online process actually worked fairly smoothly.

It is possible that this is going to be a much more complicated and less functional system.

Just thought I would throw one possible data point in there. I suspect you are not much interested in data based on your posting history.

Please display data that shows licensed health insurance agents, who spend money maintaining a state license will benefit from this navigator program.

OHCHUTE

Your tax dollars are funding the hiring of "navigators," unlicensed insurance sales people, to aid signing up people to insurance via state healthcare exchanges. This is like funding unlicensed real estate people to help disadvantaged people buy houses.
I suspect in most cases the states will hire Spanish speaking people to help spanish speaking people get subsidized (by you) health insurance. Many of these navigators will be illegal aliens, who will be signing up illegal aliens to basically free healthcare insurance.

States are ignoring their own state insurance requirements, licensing of agents etc., in taking federal money that is made available to do this program.

In most states, selling insurance is a profession involving a license, and taking continuing education prior to each license renewal.

Looks like licensed insurance sales people are cut out of this business. Should everyone buy through health care exchanges, or through their work, this would greatly reduce a huge educated and dedicated work force.

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Newsletters/Washington-Health-Policy-in-Review/2013/May/May-20-2013/Navigators-of-State-Health-Insurance-Exchanges.aspx

Insurance sales people left out via OBAMACARE

From your source:

Insurance agents and brokers who are continuing to actively sell health insurance cannot be navigators or assisters. However, once consumers have been told they are eligible for a tax credit and are ready to pick a plan, the agent can help them select insurance coverage as long as they abide by certain federal and state rules. But agents can't provide any financial incentives to steer people into particular plans. No one will be required to use a navigator.

So people who could not afford health insurance before will now need a private insurance sales person.

Please display data that shows licensed health insurance agents, who spend money maintaining a state license will benefit from this navigator program.

FYI, the person making the claim (you) that insurance agents will loose customers, is the one who should provide the data.

So people who could not afford health insurance before will now need a private insurance sales person.

Yeah...just like hiring a lawyer only less expensive.
Here's a situation that should have been the driving influence behind, "you get what you pay for."

Hey! BUT! Think of all the politicos already lining up to make outrageous claims about creating jobs for their constituents! A shoo-in for candidates, I'm sure.
;)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239