Obama at the range

haha, now you've stepped in it...

For the record, here's a completely plausible scenario explaining how that configuration in the photo came into being...

The President shows up at the skeet range and one of his PR guys goes to one of the instructors and says

PR Guy: "We want the president to shoot some skeet for photos, so we need to get him a gun... what about that one there? That one looks good."

Instructor: "uh, that one is fine, but let me get it ready for him..."

PR Guy: "Is something wrong? we need to get going."

Instructor: "No, I just want to give the President a little wider pattern so he has a better round."

PR Guy: "Round? No. He's here for pictures of him shooting skeet, we don't have time for this, just give him the gun, let's go."

President: "Hey, we ready to shoot some skeet."

Instructor: "Mr. President, I was just gonna set u-"

PR Guy: "He's got your gun right here Mr. President, lets head over to the range."

It would not be typical to take out a flush cyl and replace it with an extended.

The trainer didn't know what he was doing by installing a cyl choke in any skeet gun. He'd have better chances with tighter choke as more pellets would be available in the pattern.

But as you say this could have happened, as well as many other examples.

Percentage Of Shot Inside 30″ Circle

CHOKE

20 Yds

30 Yds

40 yds

Cylinder

80%

60%

40%

Skeet

92%

72%

50%

Improved Cylinder

100%

77%

55%

Modified

100%

83%

60%

Improved Modified

100%

91%

65%

Full

100%

100%

70%

Curious, double barrel over/under but only one barrel has the extended choke. Typical skeet guns have the extended chokes so you can change frequently as the shots change, but in both barrels. Unless he just loads one shell at a time the original picture is not "right".

Seems kind of odd to me that the top barrel is Magna ported -- or some other type of porting. I suppose you could port the bottom barrel, but it seems to me it would make an big mess on the outside of the top barrel.
I'm a jumper. Even though I don't always have money for jumps, and may not ever own a rig again, I'll always be a jumper.

Seems kind of odd to me that the top barrel is Magna ported -- or some other type of porting.

That's just like a muzzle compensator or flash suppressor on a rifle, which would turn it into an "assault weapon". President Obama, shooting an assault shotgun. How ironic!