ryoder

Israel's "Iron Dome" anti-missile system

Yeah, it's pretty amazing.
It's radar can also predict where the rocket will fall and prioritize based on that (i.e. ignore rockets that will fall in unpopulated areas.

Still wish we didn't need it...
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Nice video. I'm trying to track what's going on there. All of the reports I've read online agree with you. The system is working very well. Meanwhile, good targeting and precision munitions by the Israelis are keeping Palestinian casualties down. It's really hard to criticize the Israelis here. It took over 100 rockets in 24hrs to push them to action. Claiming afterwards that they are the agressors is just fabrication of the highest order.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

hopefully it works, since it seems we've put in $205M for it and have earmarked an additional $680M next year. All that with tech sharing and production help.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

Nothing pisses me off more than seeing Palestinians bitch about civilian casualties, while at the same time, they're launching rockets at population centers.

I'm reminded of P.J. O'Rourke's articles when he was working as a war correspondent; He pointed out a similarity in all the various hotspots he visited:

1. Nearly all the fighting was being done by: young, uneducated, unmarried, males.

2. The vast majority of the population was not involved in the fighting, but were just trying to keep their heads down, stay alive, and eek out a living.

He summed it up with: "Given the choice between spending my days plowing fields behind a water buffalo, or running around the hills with an AK-47 and sleeping with ideology-addled college girls; Sure, I'd choose the latter, too."

Right now if I was a Palestinian, I'd be looking to get my hands on a weapon and take out those idiots firing the rockets.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.