shah269

Why won't the GOP relax a little

About This BlogArchiveE-MailRSSSend
Print   |  Text 
My Pro-Life Pledge
By Mitt Romney
June 18, 2011 12:50 P.M. Comments110
I am pro-life and believe that abortion should be limited to only instances of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother.

I support the reversal of Roe v. Wade, because it is bad law and bad medicine. Roe was a misguided ruling that was a result of a small group of activist federal judges legislating from the bench.

I support the Hyde Amendment, which broadly bars the use of federal funds for abortions. And as president, I will support efforts to prohibit federal funding for any organization like Planned Parenthood, which primarily performs abortions or offers abortion-related services. 

I will reinstate the Mexico City Policy to ensure that nongovernmental organizations that receive funding from America refrain from performing or promoting abortion services, as a method of family planning, in other countries.  This includes ending American funding for any United Nations or other foreign assistance program that promotes or performs abortions on women around the world.

I will advocate for and support a Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act to protect unborn children who are capable of feeling pain from abortion. 

And perhaps most importantly, I will only appoint judges who adhere to the Constitution and the laws as they are written, not as they want them to be written.

As much as I share the goals of the Susan B. Anthony List, its well-meaning pledge is overly broad and would have unintended consequences. That is why I could not sign it. It is one thing to end federal funding for an organization like Planned Parenthood; it is entirely another to end all federal funding for thousands of hospitals across America. That is precisely what the pledge would demand and require of a president who signed it. 

The pledge also unduly burdens a president’s ability to appoint the most qualified individuals to a broad array of key positions in the federal government. I would expect every one of my appointees to carry out my policies on abortion and every other issue, irrespective of their personal views.

If I have the opportunity to serve as our nation’s next president, I commit to doing everything in my power to cultivate, promote, and support a culture of life in America.

No I'm not being spun by the 'Obama ads" that you posted. I did my homework. I read the bills. Did you? If you have not, then you have not much more to say.

Or did you just google search the bills for the words "Legitimate rape" and come up empty....

Loads of bills have massive consequences that are not written into them. The GOP wants the sanctity of life bill passed. It grants personhood civil rights to a sperm and an egg, even though 30+% of those will never result in a pregnancy. There are massive dire social and economic consequences to granting such rights, the cost which will be staggering.

Attorneys appointed by the courts to defend said zygote. prosecutions of anyone who causes or even tries to cause harm to said zygote. defining the 'harm' is NOT in the bill, since it is really only meant to cover abortion, but could also include miscarriage, x-rays, drugs (including prescription)

again, shall I go on? You wanted evidence of the Republicans supporting the radical stances of an idiot named Akin, and I provided it.

From Ryan's website: http://paulryan.house.gov/news/documentprint.aspx?DocumentID=193837

Personally, I believe that life begins at conception, and it is for that reason that I feel we need to protect that life as we would protect other children.

http://paulryan.house.gov/news/documentprint.aspx?DocumentID=247342

Paul Ryan cosponsored and voted in favor of legislation that would prevent people, including abusive boyfriends, from transporting young girls....

But fails to say anything about whether or not the pregnancy might have been CAUSED by abusive boyfriends.....and further restricts abortion rights.

http://paulryan.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=207539A long read but basically he disagrees with the courts even though the Courts, doing their job, decided that unborn fetuses do not attain the same rights as other people. More damaging beliefs that will fundamentally hurt society if enacted.

I'd just like people to think a little more about the results of their actions and be more willing to be responsible for the consequences.

I'd just like people like you to accept that it's none of your damn business what a woman does with her own body.

There are lots of things that are illegal for a person to do with their own body.

Indeed, and it's just more busibodying.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The legislation that they propose is exactly in line with what Akin said.

Please show the details to back up that claim.

Check the GOP platform statement. And the last one. And the one before that.

I'd just like people to think a little more about the results of their actions and be more willing to be responsible for the consequences.

I'd just like people like you to accept that it's none of your damn business what a woman does with her own body.

There are lots of things that are illegal for a person to do with their own body.

So you have no problem with legalizing Crack Cocaine?

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr358/text Ryan co-sponsored this and many other bills.

The Sanctity of Human Life act http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/hr212
which would make any abortion illegal as the 'life' would have to be preserved.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/hr5276
A bill further limiting Women's rights

extreme enough for you - shall i go on?

You are allowing yourself to be spun again.

http://factcheck.org/2012/08/another-abortion-falsehood-from-obamas-truth-team/

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/08/23/President-Infanticide-Dem-Plank-Partial-Birth

The Factcheck statement is so weasel worded that even you must have noticed the spin.

Breitbart - a nice impartial source, NOT!

FACT is that the GOP platform does NOT include any exceptions. And what Romney says he will do varies by the month and the shake of the Etch-a Sketch.

***About This BlogArchiveE-MailRSSSend
Print   |  Text 
My Pro-Life Pledge
By Mitt Romney
June 18, 2011 12:50 P.M. Comments110
I am pro-life and believe that abortion should be limited to only instances of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother.

I support the reversal of Roe v. Wade, because it is bad law and bad medicine. Roe was a misguided ruling that was a result of a small group of activist federal judges legislating from the bench.

Oh how the Etch-a Sketch shakes:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAuwuLse1Gg

You have proven nothing. Akins remarks had to do with whether a woman could get pregnant by "legitimate rape". All you have done is show that some within the GOP do not support abortion under any circumstances.

I did - personhood rights for zygotes excludes all abortions for all reasons- that's yer boys stand....

You have proven nothing. Akins remarks had to do with whether a woman could get pregnant by "legitimate rape". All you have done is show that some within the GOP do not support abortion under any circumstances.

I did - personhood rights for zygotes excludes all abortions for all reasons- that's yer boys stand....

Which has zero to do with Akins statement.

Nice tap dance, so I'll ask again. Do you support legalizing Crack cocaine?

I oppose all forms of busibodying, by left or right. Most of the busibodying in the USA is by the right, of course.

DO YOU SUPPORT LEGALIZATION OF CRACK COCAINE? Might as well answer because I'm going to keep asking until you do.

DO YOU SUPPORT LEGALIZATION OF CRACK COCAINE? Might as well answer because I'm going to keep asking until you do.

I oppose all forms of busibodying, by left or right. Most of the busibodying in the USA is by the right, of course.

So we will take that as a yes.

I contend your positions make those of Akins look moderate. I cannot believe someone as educated as you cannot see what a society would be like if a highly addictive substance like crack coacaine was legal.

I contend your positions make those of Akins look moderate. I cannot believe someone as educated as you cannot see what a society would be like if a highly addictive substance like crack coacaine was legal.

Typical attitude of a busibody who thinks they know what's best for everyone else.

How well did Prohibition work?

Typical attitude of a busibody who thinks they know what's best for everyone else.

You obviously are having trouble distinguishing the differences between alchohol and a highly addictive substance like crack cocaine. You really should go to an N.A. meeting sometime and talk to people whose lives were devestated after they became addicted from just one toke on a crack pipe. But I'm sure you would not want to associate yourself with "those people".

How did legalization of Opium work out for China?

You obviously are having trouble distinguishing the differences between alchohol and a highly addictive substance like crack cocaine. You really should go to an N.A. meeting sometime and talk to people whose lives were devestated after they became addicted from just one toke on a crack pipe. But I'm sure you would not want to associate yourself with "those people".

How did legalization of Opium work out for China?

How well is our current War on Drugs working?
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"