Butters

Bankers are the new mobsters ...

Have you been to wall street in recent years?
The "Family" went "legit" and i assure you that they didn't go into the garbage industry!
Maybe it's all the Long Island accents, but there are times there where it feels as if I'm on the set of the Sopranos. Hookers and blow included.

But what are you going to do or say or try to do?
They own your future potential retirement. After all do you have a 401k or a pension? Either way you need these guys to do what they need to do so that you may actually be able to retire one day.

However till then they will be drinking your blood and living the high life with the hookers and the blow and $10k sports coats and little to no oversight by any major government agency. Remember TARP had that part removed by the GOP before it was passed on.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

and passing big payolla and hookers and blow to every politician who they meet with.

Take away the hold they have on politics, close the loops holes for trades, enforce current laws, etc, and then maybe eventually honesty will return.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Have you been to wall street in recent years?
The "Family" went "legit" and i assure you that they didn't go into the garbage industry!
Maybe it's all the Long Island accents, but there are times there where it feels as if I'm on the set of the Sopranos. Hookers and blow included.

But what are you going to do or say or try to do?
They own your future potential retirement. After all do you have a 401k or a pension? Either way you need these guys to do what they need to do so that you may actually be able to retire one day.

Considering how many people are losing or earning at or below inflation along with the potential collapse I have to wonder whether anyone will be able to retire one day ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Take away the hold they have on politics, close the loops holes for trades, enforce current laws
And who has the balls to do that?

Don't look at the GOP they took the teeth out of TARP. And don't look a the Beaten Wives Party the Jellocrats...they are just a bunch of pussies.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

?
What no GOPers here screaming at me to join the occupy movement of move to Cuba?
How odd?

Well sadly that's the problem, you see the GOP defends these guys and gals....and most GOPers will actually vote to increase their risk while reducing theirs.

Hey don't ask me why they do it but they do it!

And don't look at the jello crats to step in.

Long and short of it....it's been a long time in the pipe line but we are fucked.

I mean what they lie they cheat they steal...and they get a little $45mill hit after they made $100mill profit?

Hell look if i rob a bank and make off with $100k and the cops catch me and make me give back $35k....guess what I would be doing for a living!

Robbing banks! Risk is worth the reward.

Now if we hung a few of them and their entire blood lines...Persian sytle for their crimes....well maybe they would change.

You need to be honest at least in your points of blame.

Sure the GOP helped this mess come along, about 25% of the responsibility is theirs, the other 75% is equally split with the Democrats, Wall Street, and Us, the People - who keep allowing them to do it even after we are informed!

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

It's all our faults.

We not only voted for these guys and gals who let these bankers get away with murdre....we also use the services these bankers provide in hopes we may retire.

Thus we are F-U-C-K-E-D

>Have you been to wall street in recent years?
>The "Family" went "legit" and i assure you that they >didn't go into the garbage industry!
>Maybe it's all the Long Island accents, but there are >times there where it feels as if I'm on the set of the >Sopranos. Hookers and blow included.

I'm going to stay away from the bulk of this thread because its just the same old silly-bankers evil everyone else good.

with that said, your are a complete dolt! Wall Street has always had NY accents because it mostly made up of NY'ers. IT IS IN NEW YORK, duh. Do you even think before you make these comments? I started 20 odd years ago, i would venture to say there are even less NY accents now than in the past because kids have moved from all over and its no longer just a bunch of Italians trading and Jewish kids banking. way more diverse.

edit to add- i am calling Shah a dolt in a humorous way. it was not meant to be an actual insult. sorry it did not read that way.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

>It's all our faults.

Yep. You are always free to not use a banker. But you like what he gives you, so you continue.

Like tobacco i guess?

I mean as long as we want to smoke we have to have big tobacco right?

But we can sue big tobacco and get them to cover a good amount of the health care damage they do right?

Can we do the same for the big banks?

Look I'm not hating them, we are all entitled to make money, and they exist for a reason a very good reason. What I think most Americans don't like is how out of touch with reality these guys have gotten especially when it comes to the letter of the law and when the law does apply to them and they are caught the resulting punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Ok you lose your license, ok. You pay back a portion of what you stole....ok? And then get to live out your live enjoying the spoils of your crime? HU?

Who was it here that said that if you rob a bank at gun point you go to jail for a very long time and have to give back all of the money. But if you get caught for check fraud odds are all the money will never be recovered and you may not even serve time?

Is it me or does that sound a little nutty?

Till then, I'll see you guys at my local credit union.

>But we can sue big tobacco and get them to cover a good amount of the health care
>damage they do right?

Of course! And you can sue McDonald's if you get fat or burn yourself with hot coffee. And you can sue AC-Delco if you drink battery acid out of their batteries. (The warning labels that tell you not to do that are too small to read!) And of course if you get hurt skydiving you can sue your instructors, the skydiving school, the DZ, the pilot, the guy who made your harness, the guy who packed your reserve, the aircraft manufacturer, your uncle, the manifest chick, the gear dealer you bought your helmet from and Airtec. That's what America is all about.

Bill by "we" i was infering to the federal government.

Also remember all those adds you saw on tv about not smoking? They worked right? Less people smoke and thus less money is now spent on treating cancer.

Could we do that with say, questionable bankers?
Yes you can utilize XYZ but odds are in the long run you will be flat broke and the banker will be living off your money?

I don't think so.

>Also remember all those adds you saw on tv about not smoking? They worked right?
>Less people smoke and thus less money is now spent on treating cancer.

>Could we do that with say, questionable bankers?

>Yes you can utilize XYZ but odds are in the long run you will be flat broke and the
>banker will be living off your money? I don't think so.

Sure we could. "Yes, you can be a fool, but a fool and his money are soon parted!" The problem isn't bankers, it's stupid people who get ARM's - and then can't afford to pay them when the interest rate rises. Educating them would reduce misery overall for people who buy homes.

Now - who's going to pay for the ads?

Not all those folks were stupid.
That's like saying all those who smoke are stupid.

They knew no better!
The same applies to some of the banking practices.

And the money, well next time one of these very smart folks think that they can get away with stealing or screwing the system. Liqudate all they own, all that their parents own and all that their partner owns and use those funds to pay for the first round of comercials.

I think after their entire family is left with out a penny there will be no need for a secound round of comercials.

>Not all those folks were stupid. That's like saying all those who smoke are stupid.
>They knew no better!

That's a fair comment; ignorance would have been a better term to use. Again, education (even via 30 second spots) could help.

Heck even have an ipartial government office review the documents asking the consumer if they know what they are buying?

If nothing it would mean that these bad guys would not tanish the name of the good guys.

Just saying. And then maybe there would be a little more trust?

After all isnt' that all that our banking industry is built on?

i have bought 3 homes in my life. each and everytime i had to sit down and sign very clear paperwork explaining what i was borrowing and how much i would pay in 30 years. am i the only onel?

In order to buy anything other than a common equity i also had to sign paperwork confirming i understand the risks involved. am i the only one?
John Frusciante

>Heck even have an ipartial government office review the documents asking the
>consumer if they know what they are buying?. . . And then maybe there would be a
>little more trust?

Hmm. I guess you trust the government more than I do.

Would you really be OK with an IRS auditor type telling you what loan to get?

>Not all those folks were stupid. That's like saying all those who smoke are stupid.
>They knew no better!

That's a fair comment; ignorance would have been a better term to use. Again, education (even via 30 second spots) could help.

Profiting from other people's stupidity is NOT the same as running a criminal conspiracy to defraud.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The problem isn't bankers, it's stupid people who get ARM's - and then can't afford to pay them when the interest rate rises.

Did you even bother to read any of the links? This thread is about banks bid-rigging, fixing interest rates, etc... A completely different topic than who is at fault for giving and taking loans ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

The problem isn't bankers, it's stupid people who get ARM's - and then can't afford to pay them when the interest rate rises.

Did you even bother to read any of the links? This thread is about banks bid-rigging, fixing interest rates, etc... A completely different topic than who is at fault for giving and taking loans ...

YES your links were to straight up theft and fraud! No joke on that part!

And like I said we are screwed because at best these guys will get a little talking to and be back to doing the exact same thing under a new name in 2 weeks.

You are 100% right these guys are mobsters.

But what can we do? Try them like criminals, liquidate their assets and shoot them in public?

I'm all for it but....well.....oddly our pro death penalty GOPers think that we should not do that.....

Kill those who do drugs but save those who take our futures?

>And like I said we are screwed because at best these >guys will get a little talking to and be back to doing the >exact same thing under a new name in 2 weeks.

if there are any resonable people left reading this i will chime in for their edification. in order to start work at a firm you must have a clear U4. for a lack of a better term its your license. you must also get finger printed and have them sent to FINRA and the FBI to be checked. No one is going back to work in 2 weeks after any fraud. Normally, once your U4 is marked you leave the business. Your unemployable.
John Frusciante