dreamdancer

Barack Obama says rich should pay more tax in call to Congress to resolve US deficit crisis

I have WORKED for my wealth.

but you're not in the top 1% or even 10% wealth bracket so why you're getting your knickers in a twist on behalf of those who haven't earned their wealth is beyond me...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Right...we've only spent $10 trillion on the poor since 1964. Maybe if we spend another $10 trillion in tax dollars, this time it will make a difference. :S

What proof do you have that it didn't make a difference? Our poor are not dying in millions like the African poor.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

WEALTH IS NOT DISTRIBUTED. It is EARNED

Half right. The people who earn it are frequently not the people who have it. Paris Hilton didn't "earn" much at all.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Right...we've only spent $10 trillion on the poor since 1964. Maybe if we spend
>another $10 trillion in tax dollars, this time it will make a difference.

It has made a huge difference. You may not think the effort worth it, but there's really no comparison between what it meant to be poor in the US in the 1930's and what it means today.

Right...we've only spent $10 trillion on the poor since 1964. Maybe if we spend another $10 trillion in tax dollars, this time it will make a difference. :S

What proof do you have that it didn't make a difference? Our poor are not dying in millions like the African poor.

Ummm... we still have poor people. Oh, that's right, it's the good intentions that count not the results.

WEALTH IS NOT DISTRIBUTED. It is EARNED

Half right. The people who earn it are frequently not the people who have it. Paris Hilton didn't "earn" much at all.

Right, as usual find a couple of examples and then proclaim it's the norm. Most people I have met who have money made it through hard work. But, I'm sure I travel with a different crowd than you.

>Right...we've only spent $10 trillion on the poor since 1964. Maybe if we spend
>another $10 trillion in tax dollars, this time it will make a difference.

It has made a huge difference. You may not think the effort worth it, but there's really no comparison between what it meant to be poor in the US in the 1930's and what it means today.

Oh, but remember... they are mostly in those Red States that you and others like to mock so much. Remember?
i think it's prolonged the problem of the poor by making them dependent on govt. cheese.

In the United States, wealth is highly concentrated in a relatively few hands. As of 2007, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 34.6% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 50.5%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 85%, leaving only 15% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers). In terms of financial wealth (total net worth minus the value of one's home), the top 1% of households had an even greater share: 42.7%.

http://sociology.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/wealth.html

This statement is nonsense due to the underlined: Total US wealth measured at a given time is not the indication of max wealth that can be earned in the US. Wealth is not finite and more can be created. The rich aren't leaving "only 15% for the rest". That 15% can increase if the rest actually did something about it.:S

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

[This statement is nonsense due to the underlined: Total US wealth measured at a given time is not the indication of max wealth that can be earned in the US. Wealth is not finite and more can be created. The rich aren't leaving "only 15% for the rest". That 15% can increase if the rest actually did something about it.:S

Your statement is nonsense.
As money is only an illusion then monetary wealth is also an illusion.

True wealth is measured in knowledge ,health, and personal relationships. Not necessarily in that order.

[This statement is nonsense due to the underlined: Total US wealth measured at a given time is not the indication of max wealth that can be earned in the US. Wealth is not finite and more can be created. The rich aren't leaving "only 15% for the rest". That 15% can increase if the rest actually did something about it.:S

True wealth is measured in knowledge ,health, and personal relationships.

True. But only poor people who are usually lazy say that. Kind of like ugly people say beauty is on the inside. However, if you already have knowledge, health, and personal relationships, which almost everybody in the US has, Monetary wealth is the only indicator of true wealth.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

True wealth is measured in knowledge ,health, and personal relationships.

True. But only poor people who are usually lazy say that. Kind of like ugly people say beauty is on the inside. However, if you already have knowledge, health, and personal relationships, which almost everybody in the US has, Monetary wealth is the only indicator of true wealth.

Again, money is an illusion.
It is created on a computer screen out of thin air and can be wiped out as fast as pushing the delete button.
Monetary wealth is an indication of nothing.
I work for some incredibly monetary wealthy clients.
The Mexican immigrants working alongside of me seem far happier and at peace internally than these monetarily wealthy.

If you want to believe that holding vast amounts of the illusion of money somehow is the score card of wealth than I'll just lump you into the same category of those with fundamentalist religious beliefs.

Again, money is an illusion.

So if it is an illusion, then it only confirms my argument that wealth is not finite. The 15% left over for the rest really comes from people not wanting to put in the effort.

It is created on a computer screen out of thin air and can be wiped out as fast as pushing the delete button.

That's why wealth is measured on material assets, not neccesairly in liquid assets Your proverbial delete button doesn't get rid of your wealth, it only deletes cash.

I work for some incredibly monetary wealthy clients.

I thought you said money was an illusion. So you are working for a poor man? Is your job an illusion?

The Mexican immigrants working alongside of me seem far happier and at peace internally than these monetarily wealthy.

You see what you want to see. As a child of a chili-picker, I saw a lot of issues and unhappiness within the families I grew up around and with. As an adult who is worth a considerable amount more, I see different, but less, issues. Money makes life easier. It in itself doesn't create happiness, but it supports it.

If you want to believe that holdig vast amounts of the illusion of money somehow is the score card of wealth than I'll just lump you into the same category of those with fundamentalist religious beliefs.

And I'll just lump you with those who misunderstand money. Just like only intelligent people only know how they are different from regular people, only the Rich know why they are more successful than other people.

And I'll just lump you with those who misunderstand money. Just like only intelligent people only know how they are different from regular people, only the Rich know why they are more successful than other people.

That's the thing.
The monetary illusion is about to comr crashing down.
It was inevitable . A ten percent debt to money creation can only last about 100 years.
The time is up and those who have been living the life of illusionary riches will be surely disappointed when their Federal Notes are worthless.
How will these obese, out of shape, don't know how to do anything practicle related to survival deal with no servants, food shortages etc.
These Mexican immigrants I work with have lived with those conditions all their lives and won't be so affected.
The paradigm of wealth is shifting sure as the poles of the Earth .

That's the thing.
The monetary illusion is about to comr crashing down.
It was inevitable . A ten percent debt to money creation can only last about 100 years.
The time is up and those who have been living the life of illusionary riches will be surely disappointed when their Federal Notes are worthless.
How will these obese, out of shape, don't know how to do anything practicle related to survival deal with no servants, food shortages etc.
These Mexican immigrants I work with have lived with those conditions all their lives and won't be so affected.
The paradigm of wealth is shifting sure as the poles of the Earth

So what you are telling me is that those who did not work hard or had knowledge of how to produce wealth and confort of that time are going to survive better than the people who are extremely practiced at changing their strategy that reflects the period. :S

Any physicist, engineer, stockbroker, business man can learn to farm and grow. People can always move back to physical labor.
But, not every person who can plant vitis-vinefera that is not french-american hybrided in Murrieta loam can become a success and lead change that puts them on top.

If your financial Armmageddon happens, your migrant workers are not going to fair better. Why are they where they are now? they are poor because they cannot or will not do the things that will make them advance. The economy flip-flopping on everyone will not put them at an advantage because they do not have what it takes to succeed. Instead, the formally wealthy will take charge, again, and become wealthy once more.

Wealth is a symptom of successful habits. It is not an end-state of an accident (unless you are Paris Hilton).

So what you are telling me is that those who did not work hard or had knowledge of how to produce wealth and confort of that time are going to survive better than the people who are extremely practiced at changing their strategy that reflects the period. :S

You think that Mexican immigrants don't work hard ?

And yes, it is my belief that these fat bodies who don't even know how to change the oil in their suv or charge the battery in the golf cart they ride around their estate on are gonna have a very hard time when financial armegeddon rains down on them.

And yes, it is my belief that these fat bodies who don't even know how to change the oil in their suv or charge the battery in the golf cart they ride around their estate on are gonna have a very hard time when financial armegeddon rains down on them

I edited my post before you posted. So there will be inconsistency here. I'll just say again what I changed to keep things on track:

They/we have worked hard. but not to succeed. To exist. Wrong way of doing things if you want to move forward.

And yes, it is my belief that these fat bodies who don't even know how to change the oil in their suv or charge the battery in the golf cart they ride around their estate on are gonna have a very hard time when financial armegeddon rains down on them.

Actually, I saw more fat bodies in the low income community; even on the chili fields. The wealthy are a bit more healthier, I find. Migrant workers die a lot earlier in life too. The wealthy are stronger and healthier in general.
Also, they, unlike the migrant workers can revert back to basics and have. The migrant workers, however, have never been rich, have no background to revert back up to success after your Armageddon.

And yes, it is my belief that these fat bodies who don't even know how to change the oil in their suv or charge the battery in the golf cart they ride around their estate on are gonna have a very hard time when financial armegeddon rains down on them

I edited my post before you posted. So there will be inconsistency here. I'll just say again what I changed to keep things on track:

They/we have worked hard. but not to succeed. To exist. Wrong way of doing things if you want to move forward.

Actually, I saw more fat bodies in the low income community; even on the chili fields. The wealthy are a bit more healthier, I find. Migrant workers die a lot earlier in life too. The wealthy are stronger and healthier in general.
Also, they, unlike the migrant workers can revert back to basics and have. The migrant workers, however, have never been rich, cannot revert back up to success after your Armageddon.

Obviously my direct observations of the incredibly monetarily wealthy and yours vary in huge degrees.

I see fat bodies who don't even know how to cook a meal or go grocery shopping. That is done for them.
I see people on a plethora of pharmeceuticals who visit a doctor often.
How will they cope when their anti depressants are not available at the time when their financial empires are pulled out from under them as quickly as the table cloth leaving the settings in place? They will be shitting and pissing on themselves with worry and confusion. Walking in Guggi loafers puddled with their own urine while the Mexican labor force will be going about their normal buisness in the Port-a-John.

No Sir, the monetarily wealthy don't have true wealth, only an illusion.

So ...if money is only an illusion then I'll assume you have no problem with taxation since any money the gubmint would demand from you is illusory anyway. ...Joke's on them! :)

I don't have any problem with taxes.
Do you?

Problems with taxes and problems with taxation are two different things. But nope and nope.

(ask yourself what's the point in taxing the poor?)

Ok great let's try and get SOMETHING straight out of you....

In America define what poor is form a yearly income amount.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

They will be shitting and pissing on themselves with worry and confusion. Walking in Guggi loafers puddled with their own urine while the Mexican labor force will be going about their normal buisness in the Port-a-John

And this is where you are making some mistakes here: Those " Gucci loafer" wearing fools own the land the mexican labor force is tilling. This is who pays them and grants them permission to be on their land in the first place. Your collapse will affect them too. All land in the US belongs to someone or some entity.

I see fat bodies who don't even know how to cook a meal or go grocery shopping. That is done for them.
I see people on a plethora of pharmeceuticals who visit a doctor often.
How will they cope when their anti depressants are not available at the time when their financial empires are pulled out from under them as quickly as the table cloth leaving the settings in place?

Oh, I get it. You have been watching Overboard. Too bad you actually believe this muck. That and many movies are made by people who need to provide an antagonist and go for the easiest emotional belief by the masses (which these movies are tailored for). Spoiled rich brats are a good villian. There is not enough spoiled rich brats in real life to make your hapless table cloth theory a reality. Turn off the TV for a change and think for yourself. Movie/tv producers are trying to make money, not reality.

And this is where you are making some mistakes here: Those " Gucci loafer" wearing fools own the land the mexican labor force is tilling. This is who pays them and grants them permission to be on their land in the first place. Your collapse will affect them too. All land in the US belongs to someone or some entity.

You are wrong.
Nobody owns land.

One would think the Native Americans owned it but they were dispossesed.
These fat, parasites can be dispossesed just as easily and by my reconing even more easily. The pilsbury dough boy squishing in his loafers ,hungry and unable to feed himself or even build a fire in his own fireplace? Oh yeah.., he'll be disposessed by the very immigrants he used to exploit.

And the Servants shall be the Masters.

Nobody owns land

I do. And that's because I am not a penniless hippie.

And the Servants shall be the Masters.

You got to do a lot better than fantasy to argue your point. Just because you do not like the people who provide a means to allow you to feed and clothe yourself doesn't mean that they are weaker than you. You are just acting out like a teenager who doesn't understand their parents' reasoning.