Darius11

The surprising truth about what motivates us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_775744

This lively RSAnimate, adapted from Dan Pink's talk at the RSA, illustrates the hidden truths behind what really motivates us at home and in the workplace.

enjoy
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_775744

This lively RSAnimate, adapted from Dan Pink's talk at the RSA, illustrates the hidden truths behind what really motivates us at home and in the workplace.

enjoy

I always wonder why students at MIT, who are supposed to be the top tier mathematicians on the planet, every year fail to realize that their 11' tall Uhaul will not fit under a 9' tall bridge on Memorial drive until they are 10 feet past the bridge and the top of their Uhaul is 3 feet behind it.

Other than that t was an interesting video. But I think it only works during good times when there are lots of employers looking to hire you and you can pick and choose between the best.

When times are tough and you can't get another job, then mastery and purpose go out the window and pure survival instincts take over.

When times are tough and you can't get another job, then mastery and purpose go out the window and pure survival instincts take over.

It's Maslow's Pyramid of Needs.

Nobody can spare time to be creative as long as they're worrying about feeding the kids. But this video addresses that. It pre-supposes the employee is being paid well enough to take care of all his basic survival, which, of course, would also include things like health care.

Great talk, but it doesn't solve the McJob situations.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver