-freedom-

exit

I see most of a skydivers makes exit to the tail of an airplane. I try it, but I get into spin (later I got stabilized, but i lose about 4sec). Anyway, if someone can describe me a little, how exactly should I exit? Maybe common mistakes...

Were in by any change a hot chick in a black jump suit with an all black rig (chest strap through keeper btw) and using det cord to exit the aircraft?

If so I'd go for a triple loop exit.

------
Two of the three voices in my head agree with you. It might actually be unanimous but voice three only speaks Welsh.

No matter what type of aircraft or what type of exit you need to present you chest to the relative wind. If you are exiting an airplane the relative wind is coming from the front of the aircraft. I'll assume you are atlking about doing a diving exit from a side door aircraft(otter, king air, ect.) The easiest way is to dive straight out the door(toward the wingtip) at the same time twist your chest toward the front of the aircraft, putting your chest into the relative wind. If you do this right you will turn 90 degrees toward the tail of aircraft in a head low position.

I am pretty new to the sport. Unless it is a Cessna (altitude 1200 m) I, too, exit at the tail end of the door, facing towards the tail. Instructions to me were: don't push, just fall out, make sure the leg near the door exits last. And then straight into arch. It turns me around a bit, but I find it is fun. Still plenty of time to get stable, which I always do. Try to enjoy the four seconds - and ARCH!!!

Babi

On a boogie I get passed on to a different instructor and the ways of my instructors differ. Lucky for me. I can try another way. My first instructor told me to throw myself at the wind and this did not work for me. The second one saw me struggling and told me to just drop from the plane and arch and I am fine now.

I trust my instructor with my life, but sometimes I like to hear it from different people.

I thought this was the point to this forum, to exchange opinions, to learn from each other. Of course the instructor is the first person to approach, but sometimes you keep on getting the same answer that you just don't get. I see from people posting here that I am not the only one this way.

Your post to Freedom reminded me of something that I have already forgotten: feet on you but. After 68 jumps I thought I have this nailed, but I didn't.

No problem at altitude. But I do not get stable in just two seconds, that is for sure. I've been forgetting about my legs and this is what I need to concentrate on now.

Hop & pop at my DZ is done from Cesna 172 where you are already in a correct position when you jump. Some experienced jumpers go head first, but I don't. Not enough time to get stable.

I made one jump from C206 while still on static line and it was a complete disaster so I cannot advise you here. I've had a thread going here and people gave me a lot of advice. I never tried it again.

I'd listen to Saskia's advice.

What plane are you jumping from?

Hop & pop at my DZ is done from Cessna 172 where you are already in a correct position when you jump. Some experienced jumpers go head first, but I don't. Not enough time to get stable.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Aerodynamically, a head up and a head down stable exit are the same. You are still presenting your belly to the wind.
A head high, poised exit is the easiest for students to understand. Many schools teach hanging exits - from Cessnas because that puts the student in 3/4 of an arch before he lets go of the airplane and that produces the highest percentage of stable exits.

Diving exits are slightly more difficult because of the different sight picture. The trick is to avoid throwing too much rotational energy into a diving exit. It also helps - when you dive out - to push your hands high above your head (towards the ground) and put your feet on your butt for a couple of seconds. This helps cancel any rotational movement (front-looping tendency).