dreamdancer

Shocking Black & Latino Imprisonment Rates the Result of Racist, Punitive Impulse

you really need to get your facts straight. When attorneys pick juries each one has a right to question and choose. Whites are actually becoming the minority, so the chances of a all white jury are not very high in this day and age. Do you just come up with this stuff or do you really believe the shit that comes out of your mouth
" Mean people SUCK!"

you really need to get your facts straight. When attorneys pick juries each one has a right to question and choose. Whites are actually becoming the minority, so the chances of a all white jury are not very high in this day and age. Do you just come up with this stuff or do you really believe the shit that comes out of your mouth

You misunderstood what I wrote, and your rudeness is uncalled for.

I'm not being rude. I just cannot stand people who talk about subjects they have no idea about. Everyone has choices to make and the people whom make choices knowing they can get in legal trouble is on them.
It is proven that blacks kill more blacks than any other race. Some say they did not have a choice but to commit crimes and join gangs and kill. Yes they did.
I grew up poor, had a kid at 17 and decided to finish school, paid my way through college and had a career.
I did not choose to sit on welfare and justify doing any crime cuz of my race or neighborhood.
Like I said, walk the tiers of a prison, and tell me what you see and see if you make it out alive.
And there are many female prisons which are at capacity. So yes, you do need to wake up;)

" Mean people SUCK!"

I read what you write to remind myself of what kind ignorant thoughts people have. there is a difference with having an opinion or shoving it down someones throat like you actually been there and done that. Once you have been there and done that---than preach till the fat lady sings:P

" Mean people SUCK!"

I read what you write to remind myself of what kind ignorant thoughts people have.

How can you know whether it's ignorant if you don't even understand what I write? You might want to work on your reading comprehension. And I really don't know what your problem is, but I am done talking to you. Have a nice day. :)

But, but my popcorn just finished!!! :P

Well, perhaps you could entertain yourself by getting drunk (or otherwise intoxicated) and randomly insulting people on the Internet? :P

Not the same as a good cat fight. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I just started a new tub for the entertainment also. Did you ever notice how he/she is done talking to one of us when he/she don't know what to say anymore?
Maybe they post drunk due to the fact they don't know what comes out of their mouth!B|

" Mean people SUCK!"

But, but my popcorn just finished!!! :P

Well, perhaps you could entertain yourself by getting drunk (or otherwise intoxicated) and randomly insulting people on the Internet? :P

Not the same as a good cat fight. :)

Sorry, Bolas, I'm not interested in fighting. :P (Especially with people who appear to be drunk posting.)

Skygirl1: Juries are chosen through the jury duty call process. The jury duty call process is made via voter's registration. It is a given; criminals, regardless of race, and/ or their peers, would obviously dodge any civil registrations. Whites becoming a minority isn't based on criminal activity, nor is racism victimization a cause & affect, of imprisonment, or their criminality. Any white race depreciation we are now experiencing is systematic of our government allowances to 'illegal' immigration, and hand outs to those less accomplished or by those who care less, to achieve on their own. They then, gain a sense of empowerment to do whatever it takes, to retain that power they've been handed on a tupperware platter. It's not the drugs, or what derivative of a drug, causing the problem. It's the methods of obtaining the control over domains, leading to violent crimes. Typically; white crimes I feel, are based on their sense of entitlement to whatever fancies them, or boredom. They more often have the ability to high price lawyers. Lawyers have their alliances with the judical system....& the wheels on that bus go round & round. Any racism claims here, are reflective of systematic genecide of war time of the past. Those less priviledged or uneducated were put on the front lines. We pay their way on the outside, & they TAKE care of each other inside. Some women are just as criminally minded as those men, caught & locked up...though they have the ability to play the damsel in distress card ! Women criminals; statisically, are less in numbers, because the gender has less in numbers overall. A woman's prison you maybe familiar with maybe be overcrowded, perhaps it is the ONLY woman's med.-max. sec. prison in that state. Basically, it comes down to: a person is either a product of society, a victim of society, or conforms to society. Those same people serving sentences now want to stand up & be counted, & be heard...crying victimization & racism. If they would've tried that on the outside before turning to the criminal acts that got them there, just maybe their outcome & our responsibilties of continuing to pay for their problems, would diminsh. But then what would we need the attorney's, who go into public office, who go into political office...yadayadayada, be getting paid for ? Regardless, ya reap what ya sow...either here & now, or pay up, later ! Every step we take is measured ! Hey, but what do I know ? I'm just a noncriminal, spiritually connected, 50ish midwestern, > middle class, college grad., TAX paying, professionally skilled, mother - gr'mother, & multi year DZ. Staffer ?
People quit responding, when intelligence runs out on the posts. How do you reply to stupid ?

"Our data also show that one of the most salient and consistent predictors of American punitiveness is racial animus," the authors conclude. "Importantly, this finding held even when controlling for two competing theoretical models … When added to the large body of evidence on the effects of racial animus … this finding suggests that a prominent reason for the American public's punitiveness -- including the embrace of mass imprisonment and the death penalty -- is the belief that those disproportionately subject to these harsh sanctions are people they do not like: African American offenders."

There is no shortage of Americans who believe that the courts routinely let hardened criminals go free and that the decline of the nuclear family is responsible for the worst societal ills; Unnever and Cullen acknowledge that such beliefs, which define the other two measures of "punitiveness," operate in tandem with racist attitudes in attracting public support for "tough on crime" policies.

Right-wing media figures, of course, have become experts at exploiting these ideas. As the authors write, "Conservative political pundits such as Ann Coulter can blame the 1980s crime wave and a 'moral decline' on permissive liberal judges who coddle 'superpredators' while undermining family values. Our data suggest that this conservative argument is likely to be warmly embraced by those who express racial animus." Elswhere, the authors note that figures like Coulter have helped develop the stereotype of those for whom "the picture in their head illuminates a young, angry, black, inner-city male who offends with little remorse."

http://www.alternet.org/rights/146550/study_settles_it%3A_shocking_black_%26_latino_imprisonment_rates_the_result_of_racist%2C_punitive_impulse?page=entire
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

"Our data also show that one of the most salient and consistent predictors of American punitiveness is racial animus," the authors conclude. "Importantly, this finding held even when controlling for two competing theoretical models … When added to the large body of evidence on the effects of racial animus … this finding suggests that a prominent reason for the American public's punitiveness -- including the embrace of mass imprisonment and the death penalty -- is the belief that those disproportionately subject to these harsh sanctions are people they do not like: African American offenders."

There is no shortage of Americans who believe that the courts routinely let hardened criminals go free and that the decline of the nuclear family is responsible for the worst societal ills; Unnever and Cullen acknowledge that such beliefs, which define the other two measures of "punitiveness," operate in tandem with racist attitudes in attracting public support for "tough on crime" policies.

Right-wing media figures, of course, have become experts at exploiting these ideas. As the authors write, "Conservative political pundits such as Ann Coulter can blame the 1980s crime wave and a 'moral decline' on permissive liberal judges who coddle 'superpredators' while undermining family values. Our data suggest that this conservative argument is likely to be warmly embraced by those who express racial animus." Elswhere, the authors note that figures like Coulter have helped develop the stereotype of those for whom "the picture in their head illuminates a young, angry, black, inner-city male who offends with little remorse."

http://www.alternet.org/rights/146550/study_settles_it%3A_shocking_black_%26_latino_imprisonment_rates_the_result_of_racist%2C_punitive_impulse?page=entire

Not sure why you always quote that source? Find me something that has been done without a bias .... perhaps one without a political agenda?
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com