skydiver30960

Your experiences in the military

21 Years as an Airborne Infantryman. Over all loved it. I met some great people and have some long lasting friends out of it. It also helped me in getting my two current jobs.

Most importantly I met my wife while we where both stationed in Alaska.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I was Army enlisted, at the VERY end of the Vietman period (I didn't go) While I didn't really enjoy my time as an 11E, armor, the very best work of my life was after I joined EOD, Explosive Ordnance Disposal. They were the brightest bunch of guys I have ever met, highly motivated, dedicated, etc.

In the decades since, I have sat through literally thousands of staff meetings with my employer, GE. Everytime they start talking about teamwork, I just about want to puke. Some of you, who worked in similar small teams were complete trust of others was simply required, will understand what I an trying to say. For the others, perhaps you just have to be there to understand.
Tom B

As I grow older, I find myself more and more surrounded (or maybe just more aware) by people who are or were in the military.

Not surprising since the Industrial Military Complex is out of control, more than half of the gobal military spending is done so by the USA (5% of the worlds population).
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix