runnit

Cannot Be Hidden International???

G'day

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the group Cannot Be Hidden International?

They're trying to take over the lease for the entire aerodrome where our DZ is located to open up a missionary flying school. This acquisition will include the building we're currently renting as our club house so basically, we're about to get given the arse if this goes ahead.

Here's the news paper article, but this has apparently been going on under the table with the local council for quite some time... http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2009/12/16/101145_news.html

Have a look at their website, in particular http://cannotbehidden.mdz.com.au/main/page_miracles.html - WTF???

If they honestly don't believe in planning, how can they have come up with the money to afford a $25,000/yr lease AND cover the operating costs of a flying school? Seems pretty bloody dodgy and it makes you wonder what they're really up to.

I don't want to go down the rabbit hole about bashing religion, beliefs, missionaries or anything like that (although being the internet I'm sure it'll happen) because if they were just going to lease a plot of land on the aerodrome like everyone else, then I'd have no dramas.

The problem I have is that they're effectively going to have majority control over the entire aerodrome and their claims about where their money comes from don't seem to really gel with reality so to be honest, I doubt that their motives are what they claim to be and I dont think that they're on the level.

Does anyone out there know who these guys are, how they operate, what facilities/activities/acquisitions they have been involved in previously or if there ever has been any case where they have been found to be not practising what they preach, so to speak?

I don't want my DZ to be closed because of this group and there's another bunch of small, local businesses on the line as well.

Any info would be appreciated.

BJ

They prayed to god for aircraft, and their prayers were answered. They were given a C-150 and a C-182!

Story: http://cannotbehidden.mdz.com.au/main/page_latest_news.html

Maybe drop zones should get in on this act of praying for aircraft. Dear god: Please give my drop zone a nice shiny new Otter!

I guess they're going to pray for the $25k to pay the airport lease too. Is the city council willing to accept an IOU from god?

Will aircraft maintenance wait for god's charity? A city that is set on an hill cannot be hidden, but an aircraft with untended maintenance problems should not be flown. And A&P's don't live on prayers.

G'day

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the group Cannot Be Hidden International?

They're trying to take over the lease for the entire aerodrome where our DZ is located to open up a missionary flying school. This acquisition will include the building we're currently renting as our club house so basically, we're about to get given the arse if this goes ahead.

Here's the news paper article, but this has apparently been going on under the table with the local council for quite some time... http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2009/12/16/101145_news.html

Have a look at their website, in particular http://cannotbehidden.mdz.com.au/main/page_miracles.html - WTF???

If they honestly don't believe in planning, how can they have come up with the money to afford a $25,000/yr lease AND cover the operating costs of a flying school? Seems pretty bloody dodgy and it makes you wonder what they're really up to.

I don't want to go down the rabbit hole about bashing religion, beliefs, missionaries or anything like that (although being the internet I'm sure it'll happen) because if they were just going to lease a plot of land on the aerodrome like everyone else, then I'd have no dramas.

The problem I have is that they're effectively going to have majority control over the entire aerodrome and their claims about where their money comes from don't seem to really gel with reality so to be honest, I doubt that their motives are what they claim to be and I dont think that they're on the level.

Does anyone out there know who these guys are, how they operate, what facilities/activities/acquisitions they have been involved in previously or if there ever has been any case where they have been found to be not practising what they preach, so to speak?

I don't want my DZ to be closed because of this group and there's another bunch of small, local businesses on the line as well.

Any info would be appreciated.

BJ

This is a business decision not a religious decision. As with any airport use controversy the DZO must negotiate for existence.

One of the largest missionary support groups in the world is JAARS, Jungle Aviation And Radio Service. They are very supportive of all aviation activities including sport parachuting. They frequenting supply the aircraft for exhibition jumps at airshows e.g., Oshkosh WI.

The flight school and the DZ both need aircraft and pilots. It would seem to me that an agreement could be worked out.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Here's an Aus news article about the proposed deal. One of the questions raised by the objectors is why the group needs to take over all of the existing leases, rather than simply leasing out a space for itself like all the other tenants.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2009/12/16/101145_news.html

and here are some Google hits about the group:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22cannot+be+hidden+international%22&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&num=100&newwindow=1&filter=0

The CI, in addition to the other groups affected by this pending decsion, are forming an action group to try an negotiate the terms of the decision with the council.

As Andy9o8 correctly pointed out, one of the key issues is they want to lease the ENTIRE aerodrome, not just a plot within the grounds, which is what every other user currently does.

The associated problem is that these guys aren't just your 'average' moderate church (if such a thing exists), from their website, they have some views that are verging on fundamentalist and the claims about how they plan to fund their venture are either ridiculous (in which case, the council should not approve a business decision to an organisation that has no actual business plan byeond waiting for god to do his thing) or an outright lie (ie they do have a large source of money coming in from somewhere, but deny it and claim that it's all been from divine intervention).

So you've got a group with some fundamentalist ways of thinking and/or some very suspect financial claims that wants total control of the aerodrome, when just leasing a portion of it could equally achieve their aims... there's not really any shortage of land.

So it's not just a business decision, it seems like there's some other agenda, under the guise of religion, going on here.

The CI, in addition to the other groups affected by this pending decsion, are forming an action group to try an negotiate the terms of the decision with the council.

As Andy9o8 correctly pointed out, one of the key issues is they want to lease the ENTIRE aerodrome, not just a plot within the grounds, which is what every other user currently does.

The associated problem is that these guys aren't just your 'average' moderate church (if such a thing exists), from their website, they have some views that are verging on fundamentalist and the claims about how they plan to fund their venture are either ridiculous (in which case, the council should not approve a business decision to an organisation that has no actual business plan byeond waiting for god to do his thing) or an outright lie (ie they do have a large source of money coming in from somewhere, but deny it and claim that it's all been from divine intervention).

So you've got a group with some fundamentalist ways of thinking and/or some very suspect financial claims that wants total control of the aerodrome, when just leasing a portion of it could equally achieve their aims... there's not really any shortage of land.

So it's not just a business decision, it seems like there's some other agenda, under the guise of religion, going on here.

If this was a Wall Street maneuver it would be termed a hostile takeover. That is when one financial interest purchases the controlling interest in a corporation.

In your situation, the motives or hidden agenda of the CBHI are of no matter. If they have the financial clout to gain control of your aerodrome your only hope for survival is to negotiate.

Someone once said, "In business you do not get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate."

Good luck, retain a knowledgeable attorney.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Let me start by saying I completely understand why you and the others who use the airfield would be upset. Any under the table deal for the property you currently use is shitty.

However, I don't see anything that would lead me to believe your DZ would be getting it in the arse. I don't even see verbage that would raise concern about increased rent. Quotes like this are repeated several times throughout the article:

Council's plans may have hit heavy weather, but Mayor Lyn McLaughlin says that nothing has been formalised and that airport tenants have nothing to fear if the proposed deal with the church goes ahead. Cr McLaughlin said the airport would continue as a general aviation terminal and that the rights of existing tenants would be protected.

and

Mr Vaccaro said if the airport was leased, it would remain a public facility and that the aerodrome lessee would not be able to lock the airport gates.

''It has to remain a public facility and anything done there has to have council approval,'' he said.

I also didn't see anything on their website to suggest they are againt skydivers or that they are trying to push non-believers away. Having student pilots flying around your DZ probably isn't desired by anyone, though.

Again, I would definitely be pissed about the under the table crap, but you may be jumping the gun on getting screwed by this.

--------------------------------------------------
Stay positive and love your life.