west33freefall

Skygod Jumpers and Organizations

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with DZs that have a Skygod type of personality and create wakes with every other DZ in the area. I am not putting names in this thread yet but just want to see what others have experienced and how you deal with these people. Everybody at our DZ is like a big family and treat visiting jumpers like family as well, untill you do something stupid or insult or threatin anyone on our DZ or in our family and you have a shit storm coming your way. I feel like skydivers from all over should feel like we are a part of a big family but some think they are the elite of the elite. Just because you have a shit ton of money, brand new aircraft, brand new equipment, and can afford to loss money on almost every flight because your jumping $2-3 million aircraft, and you feel the need to push your skygod, big swinging dick personality around like you own the sky and the sport of skydiving. Feel free to comment how you want.

I've encountered that mentality before... my typical response is to simply tell em 'pound sand, kiss my aching ass, F-off, bite me... or something similar. I've no use, or time, for oversized penises w/hearing appendages. While I'm convinced that even the biggest of asshats puts their pants on the same way as the rest of us (1 leg at a time), I'm not generally inclined to pass my hard earned (and often hard to come by) jump money into their coffers. I'll take my $$$ elsewhere.

If on the otherhand, I've 'done something stupid' that jeopardized my health/safety or that of somebody elses... I'd fully expect a well deserved ass chewing. That being said, nobody has managed to chew my ass harder than I chew my own in a very long time. :)

Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

Ya know, I feel that it is really sad. I have said it many times; we are such a small community of people, if we do not take care of each other, who is going to? I have, as you know, encountered these same people. But, I have also been to big dropzones that have everything, such a Zephryhills, where I feel just like I am at my home dropzone. Money and equipment have nothing to do with it. These types of people were born this way. They have this attitude since birth, and the thing about it is, eventually, no one will want them. You can only treat so many people like Crap before you look around and have no one left! I guarantee that when the day comes, my dropzone and FAMILY will still be flying the skies together!!