Darius11

UN charges Israel with war crimes/Israel rejects war crimes findings of UN Gaza inquiry

I use to think that I was the odd man out by asking the hard questions with respect to Isreal and how they treated the native population.
Then I lived in Europe for 6 months and found out how unodd I really was.
Isreal has the second biggest PAC in DC. Good luck ever bringing up such a question with that kind of money in play. Not to mention some of our supposedly educated political leaders actually think there is an end of time and all that entails.
And I hate to say this, but there appears to be a good amount of racism. Why do the Israelies prohibit giving the Palestinians equal human rights and the right to vote? Simple!
For every white Israelie there are up to 4 non white Palestinians. Which means if there were an election tomorrow the leader of the Jewish state would have a tan and not speak Hebrew as a first language nor be able to trace his ancestry to Eastern Europe.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Yet still in the US it gets support even though they stand against every thing we stand for (or hope that we stand for).
What drives me nuts is the people who claim to be basing there views on facts when clearly that is not the case.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Yet still in the US it gets support even though they stand against every thing we stand for (or hope that we stand for).
What drives me nuts is the people who claim to be basing there views on facts when clearly that is not the case.

Given enough money and stupid people a group can redefine reality to suit their needs.
In this case Isarel has lots of money and there are more than sufficient dumb people.
The rest they say is history.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

hope you don’t try to deny that in this fight the Palestinians are David and the IDF is Goliath

no, Hamas is the guy who hides behind David throwing rocks at Goliath.

As always, you can't tell the difference between intentionally and unintentionally hurting someone, so let me ask you this...

let's say I have magic bullets. ones that can chase someone specific and hit them and only them. would you agree that the IDF will target those terrorists who fire from family homes or do you still claim that Israel would intentionally target those civilians just for fun?

can you say the same for Hammas?
they don't even claim otherwise...

o
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Also shooting unguided rockets the only weapon you have is looked upon differently then a capible army who is executing families.

You're a bright guy, and you normally have sensible posts on just about everything else; but when it comes to this conflict, your moral compass chronically only points in one direction. All war is abhorrent. Over and over again, you only point out atrocites of one side, and then rationalize the atrocities of the other.

Except for one key thing - they aren't atrocities by any comparative standard.

They are war crimes - firing an unguided rocket into a civilian population most certainly is - but for them to be atrocities they would actually have to... you know... hit people on more than a rare occasion.

Also shooting unguided rockets the only weapon you have is looked upon differently then a capible army who is executing families

executing families? that's wild even for you...

let me use one of the analogies you like so much.
a crime is a crime, right?
shooting someone is a crime. shooting someone who shot you first is less of a crime.
yet again (as always) you take Israel's reaction as the initiative.
so let me remind you (again) that Israel was not in Gaza and Hamas kepy launching thousands of rockets at civilian cities to which Israel had to respond.

Well you clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Israel broke the ceasefire as admitted to by the Israeli government itself. So it was the initiative.

Your also comparing an unguided 10lb warhead that doesn't even have the power to rupture it's case to a 1k lb GPS guided bomb.

One is a symbol of frustration and years of discrimination and the other is a.....well for a lack of a better word simply a weapon used to kill as many as possible.

let's say I have magic bullets. ones that can chase someone specific and hit them and only them. would you agree that the IDF will target those terrorists who fire from family homes or do you still claim that Israel would intentionally target those civilians just for fun?

Ori come on man.

Yes I am sure they would. But I can tell you I am also sure that Hamas would not be using suicide bombs and rockets if it had Israel’s capabilities.

Do you deny that?

But the reality is Israel is the far stronger country in this conflict. Hamas doesn’t have many options Israel does.

Do you think Israel gets more respect then Hamas in the west then or less?

Do you think the Israeli government is morally superior to Hamas or inferior, or about the same?

Yes I am sure they would. But I can tell you I am also sure that Hamas would not be using suicide bombs and rockets if it had Israel’s capabilities.

Do you deny that?

pretty much, yes,
beside tactical considerations, Hamas has historically used everything it had. started with small arms, escelated to morter shells, mines and explosives and then rockets.
all of which were openly targeting civilians (somethign they dont even bother to deny).
Yes Israel is stronger and it uses a small fraction of it force and although you don't believe me I can tell you that most Israelis have no interest in hurting any Palestinian beside those who actually try to hurt us. the main different between us is that you blame Israel when civilians get hurt, while I blame Hamas for hiding behind them when shooting at Israeli civilians.

Do you think the Israeli government is morally superior to Hamas or inferior, or about the same?

much much much much more morally superior.
not even close to being anywhere near being on the same level.
and you can take Israel out of the equation and look at how Hamas treats its own civilians (throwing handcuffed Fattah supporters off roof tops comes to mind...)

O

Isreal is a terrorist group occupying stolen lands....It really is that simple (unless your another US media brainwashed drone)

One could argue it's the last European colony in the middle east.

Again please note that none of the Israelie leaders are capable of getting a tan. They are not of the land which they occupy. And if they really wanted peace....as in really wished to live in peace all they would have to do is integrate the Palestinian people into the state of Isreal.

Now...why aren't they doing that? Could it be due to their tan?

much much much much more morally superior.

That’s where we disagree.

Do you remember the bomb that killed 9 children. Sorry cant remember the date of the top of my head. But the IDF knowingly dropped the bomb on a location which they knew was filled with families.
The Israeli prime Minster called the operation a success. After an international out rage he took it back and said he was sorry that 9 kids had been killed.

To me knowingly making the decision to kill inocent people to reach your goals is not superior.

There are countless times Israel has acted in such manner.

Do they have better PR? yes, do they know how to act and hide their true intentions to keep the international community off their back ? yes

Do there actions show that they take the high ground, or act better then Hamas? No

I don't see how you could think that

You have quite the fixation on tanning.

I don't tan well either. I guess I don't deserve to live in California?

It's a nice way of calling some one a racist.
As in our European friends who now occupy that land don't wish to integrate the displaced massed due to their inability to tan well and don't wish to be reminded of it.

Again, if Israel wanted peace tomorrow......just give all displaced Palestinians their basic human rights including the right to vote in parliamentary elections. Seldom do people become terrorists if they are granted the ability to control their future.

You have quite the fixation on tanning.

I don't tan well either. I guess I don't deserve to live in California?

It's a nice way of calling some one a racist.
As in our European friends who now occupy that land don't wish to integrate the displaced massed due to their inability to tan well and don't wish to be reminded of it.

And why are so many Jews light skinned and 'incapable of tanning?' Oh right, they were expelled from the middle east by the racist majority. And then directed towards Eastern Europe by the racist Christians. And then slaughtered by the Nazis and Russians. You can try to debate the decision by the allies to create Israel, but there's no question that the Jews were dealt a bad hand in history. And the act is done- Israel is not going away.

Again, if Israel wanted peace tomorrow......just give all displaced Palestinians their basic human rights including the right to vote in parliamentary elections. Seldom do people become terrorists if they are granted the ability to control their future.

And their first vote would be to kill the Jews. The history since 1948 has been pretty consistent in this regard. Attack Israel. Kill any Arab leaders that want to coexist.

And their first vote would be to kill the Jews. The history since 1948 has been pretty consistent in this regard. Attack Israel. Kill any Arab leaders that want to coexist.

Like the two decade long non-violence of many Palestinians while they were subject to extreme forms of racism and overt aggression from the Israeli state and settlers?

Whoops my mistake I keep forgetting dropzone is US centric which means 90% of the posts are devoid of actual historical understanding and 95% of the posts regarding the Israel/Palestine conflict are complete nonsensical bullshit.

Like the two decade long non-violence of many Palestinians while they were subject to extreme forms of racism and overt aggression from the Israeli state and settlers?

It is unfortunate that the violent Palestinians subject those "many" to this suffering due to their insistence on hiding within, using them as human shields when they launch missiles and other attacks.

Equally unfortunate that the neighboring Arab nations won't assist.

And why are so many Jews light skinned and 'incapable of tanning?' Oh right, they were expelled from the middle east by the racist majority. And then directed towards Eastern Europe by the racist Christians. And then slaughtered by the Nazis and Russians. You can try to debate the decision by the allies to create Israel, but there's no question that the Jews were dealt a bad hand in history. And the act is done- Israel is not going away.

I think you have Israelies confused with the black Irish. Who are Irish but they can tan due to their Spanish / Arab ancestry.

OK look what racist majority? The Muslims and Jews got along perfectly fine until the Europeans decided that there were a group of other Europeans that they didn't like and instead of dealing with it exported them in hopes that they would never return.

You know it's funny about the killing remark, it's the very same argument that the white South Africans utilized for years in order to hod back the native Africans.

They, the Isrealies, want peace? Simple take away a reason to fight? Give all Palestinians equal rights and the freedom to vote. Unless......your afraid that the non integrated segregated 99.99% white nation of Isreal may go...TAN!

I think you have Israelies confused with the black Irish. Who are Irish but they can tan due to their Spanish / Arab ancestry.

How many Israelis have you actually seen in real life? not many judging from your racist comments.

Israel is the homeland of the Jewish people but non-jewish citizens (yes, including Israeli arabs) have the exact same rights.
the palestinians are no Israeli, they can (and do) vote to the Palestinian Parliment and government.
the fact that they voted for a terrorist organization is a whole different story though...

no, israel is the homeland of the palestinian people...

One doesn't exclude the other. Both Israel and Palestine (so all of the land is included no matter where you want to draw the border) is the homeland of both nations.
that is the root of the problem.

One doesn't exclude the other. Both Israel and Palestine (so all of the land is included no matter where you want to draw the border) is the homeland of both nations.

the root of the problem is that the palestinians were forced by jewish terrorists out of their houses and their land. if israel allowed these refugees back then that would be a good start to solving the problem...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

the root of the problem is that the palestinians were forced by jewish terrorists out of their houses and their land. if israel allowed these refugees back then that would be a good start to solving the problem...

Sure why not! Make peace seam easy as bringing down a wall and having one group of people accept another as humans via simply giving both groups equal say and equal rights! But would it make for good TV! I think not!

But good luck with that one! Isrealie citizens are use to a given lifestyle and the only way they can keep this lifestyle is if they continue to receive aid from the US. And this aid only shows up if they are at war. Once that war stops? No more funding! No more free health care, no more free education, no more free money to build new villa in occupied west bank!