rushmc

Has anyone else heard the interviews asking those here

...why they are there and where the money is coming from?

They dont know but they call it "Obama money"

Nice.....:(

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21215978/detail.html

Residents Get Chance At Stimulus Money
Stimulus Money Available For Low-Income, Homeless Detroit Residents

POSTED: Tuesday, October 6, 2009
UPDATED: 8:05 am EDT October 7, 2009

DETROIT -- Detroit's homeless and low-income residents have another opportunity for a chance at millions of stimulus dollars.

The money is available to help low-income residents from becoming homeless and homeless residents to find housing.

Thousands of people lined up Tuesday.

Some people in line falsely believed they were registering for $3,000 stimulus checks from the Obama Administration.

City officials told Local 4 that Detroit was granted $15 million to help residents pay bills and their rent or find temporary housing for the homeless.

Watch: Thousands Line Up For Stimulus Check Applications

The Detroit Planning and Development Department (PDD) is taking applications Tuesday and Wednesday for the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program.

The applications deadline is Oct. 7.

The remaining 5,000 applications can be picked up Wednesday at the Cobo Hall in the Riverview Ballroom from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Already filled out applications can be submitted at the Cobo Hall from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. or sent in the mail to the Detroit Planning and Development Department at 65 Cadillac Square, Suite 1400, Detroit, MI., 48226.

Applications must be postmarked by Oct. 7.

Application Guidelines

To qualify, a person must have been a resident of Detroit for more than six months, must be homeless or facing eviction and must be able to maintain housing after receiving assistance.

Also, a resident must make 50 percent less than the median area income, which would be less than $24,850 for single Detroit residents and less than $35,500 for a family of four.

No mortgage assistance will be available through this program.

Once applications are reviewed, only applicants eligible for funding assistance will receive notification from a service provider.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I've been getting calls from some mortgage company that's been promising "stimulus money for distressed homeowners" for months now. It is, of course, a scam.

Yep, its a scam

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/21216628/index.html

To be somewhat fair, there is a scam selling fake applications for 20 bucks.

A WRJ Detroit interview transcript. Hearing it is better but I cant find it.

ROGULSKI: Did you get an application to fill out yet?

WOMAN: I sure did. And I filled it out, and I am waiting to see what the results are going to be.

ROGULSKI: Will you know today how much money you're getting?

WOMAN: No, I won't, but I'm waiting for a phone call.

ROGULSKI: Where's the money coming from?

WOMAN: I believe it's coming from the City of Detroit or the state.

ROGULSKI: Where did they get it from?

WOMAN: Some funds that was forgiven (sic) by Obama.

ROGULSKI: And where did Obama get the funds?

WOMAN: Obama getting the funds from... Ummm, I have no idea, to tell you the truth. He's the president.

ROGULSKI: In downtown Detroit, Ken Rogulski, WJR News.

Funny shit and NOT a scam billvon:)
Abraham Lincoln

>Funny shit and NOT a scam billvon . . .

Well, in the calls I've been getting, it's been a scam. Can you prove that these people did not receive the same phone calls? My wife and many of my friends have as well; I would be surprised if people here haven't.

>Funny shit and NOT a scam billvon . . .

Well, in the calls I've been getting, it's been a scam. Can you prove that these people did not receive the same phone calls? My wife and many of my friends have as well; I would be surprised if people here haven't.

Did you watch the video? It shows the lines, shows the app and they say they have a link on the new website where to order the form.

They giving away millions to help pay bills. Not going to create jobs just a give away. There are more items if search Detroit news
Abraham Lincoln

I've been getting calls from some mortgage company that's been promising "stimulus money for distressed homeowners" for months now. It is, of course, a scam.

I got one of those calls to my cell phone.

What I posted is not a scam
Abraham Lincoln

Now that you know what I posted is not a scam, what do you think of the program?
Abraham Lincoln

>Now that you know what I posted is not a scam, what do you think of the program?

This program is a scam:

"Some people in line falsely believed they were registering for $3,000 stimulus checks from the Obama Administration."

So was this one:

"Detroit Backpedals On Cobo Chaos
50,000 People Line Up At Cobo Hall Wednesday For Homeless Help

DETROIT -- The city of Detroit turned away thousands of people who lined up Wednesday for a chance to receive stimulus money set aside for homeless and low-income residents.

Now, city officials are trying to backpedal from the chaos that ensued, refusing on-camera interviews with Local 4, trying to explain how a rumor about the president giving away $3,000 in stimulus money spread thoughout the community and created pandemonium outside the Cobo Hall."

So no money giveaways.

However, the article also mentioned applications for money for people who meet the following conditions:

Below poverty line
Either about to lose or have lost their home
Can keep their home if the grant is approved

Money used to keep people from losing their homes is not all bad. It's not ideal, but IMO is a lot better than giving the money to banks.

>Now that you know what I posted is not a scam, what do you think of the program?

This program is a scam:

"Some people in line falsely believed they were registering for $3,000 stimulus checks from the Obama Administration."

So was this one:

DETROIT -- The city of Detroit turned away thousands of people who lined up Wednesday for a chance to receive stimulus money set aside for homeless and low-income residents.

Now, city officials are trying to backpedal from the chaos that ensued, refusing on-camera interviews with Local 4, trying to explain how a rumor about the president giving away $3,000 in stimulus money spread thoughout the community and created pandemonium outside the Cobo Hall."

So no money giveaways.

However, the article also mentioned applications for money for people who meet the following conditions:

Below poverty line

Money used to keep people from losing their homes is not all bad. It's not ideal, but IMO is a lot better than giving the money to banks.

So even the news was suckered?

Wow

But they are giving stimulus money away correct?
Abraham Lincoln

>So even the news was suckered?

No, the people in line thought that they were just giving away $3000 to anyone who applied. The people (and perhaps yourself) were misinformed.

They _were_ giving people applications for housing assistance, subject to the criteria I listed above.

>So even the news was suckered?

No, the people in line thought that they were just giving away $3000 to anyone who applied. The people (and perhaps yourself) were misinformed.

They _were_ giving people applications for housing assistance, subject to the criteria I listed above.

No, I had it correct then. I knew and understood the application and that there were many who were just going for the cash. But, it was not a scam (except for those selling the copied apps)
Abraham Lincoln

No, I had it correct then. I knew and understood the application and that there were many who were just going for the cash. But, it was not a scam (except for those selling the copied apps)

Did you cash your 2008 stimulus check from George W. Bush?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Maybe he didnt get one like alot of us![:/] You know the people than most of the money came from didnt get any back>:(
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Maybe he didnt get one like alot of us![:/] You know the people than most of the money came from didnt get any back>:(

Why are you answering for rushmc?

Why are you answering for rushmc?

I didnt try reading! I know you like ignoring facts that go against your "opinion" but you could atleast read what people type:S Let me pull a Kallend on you" try doing your research" But for fuck's sake it was the first damn word that gave it away that i was not talking for him. Fuck it was only 24 word's and by the time you got to last word you forgot the first one.:S
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

This program is a scam:

So was this one:

So no money giveaways.

Below poverty line

Wow

You suddenly went very quiet, Marc.

Could it be that you have a DOUBLE STANDARD?

This program is a scam:

So was this one:

So no money giveaways.

Below poverty line

Wow

So, are you doing this on purpose cause you think you are the only one smart enough to see the difference and you think you can get away with it?
Abraham Lincoln

This program is a scam:

So was this one:

So no money giveaways.

Below poverty line

Wow

So, are you doing this on purpose cause you think you are the only one smart enough to see the difference and you think you can get away with it?

The only difference is that you whine when someone else gets "stimulus" money but your silence suggests you took some yourself.

This program is a scam:

So was this one:

So no money giveaways.

Below poverty line

Wow

The only difference is that you whine when someone else gets "stimulus" money but your silence suggests you took some yourself.

Hmmm, not as smart as you (or I ) thought huh.

I could point it out (and I will later) but I will give you a chance to think it through and catch up
Abraham Lincoln