RALFFERS

Are you afraid to die?

i used to worry when the kids were growing up , now that they are on thier own and dont depend on me so much its not much of a concern, i could die today and it wouldn't have much of an impact on anyone(only the normal grieving and such ). i have to agree with the baron, picture this if you will, your 70 years old laying in bed at the nursing home,some sweet 18 year old inturn comes in to change your depends and you don't even get excited, i'd rather be dead dieing of old age just don't look like fun.

I'm not sure if there is a heaven, but I think a place where everybody knows everything

Heaven is the Internet? :o
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

not scared to die, its the process that scares the crap out of me

Yeah, I gotta agree with you there - the process of death pretty much sucks; the thought of my body slowly shutting down has me freaked also. I thought about it though, & I'm not scared of death itself; I feel safe in my beliefs (since this thread is already in speakers corner I can talk about beliefs).

Since we're on that topic, I will say that, even though I'm a Christian & don't believe in reincarnation, it would be nice to get another chance at life. Don't get me wrong, I'm content with my life as it is - but I'd be lying if I said I don't wonder what it's like to not have a disability & be completely healthy & able-bodied. I wonder what it's like to walk without crutches & whatnot
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of