gjhdiver

Filibuster Proof

With Mark Begich's victory over that old fart Ted Stevens, it's getting closer and closer.

Actually, who an I kidding ? With Leiberman back on board and the other independent senator caucusing with the Democrats, they have it already.

It's about time. With 110 judicial appointments ready to be filled and no way for GOP obstructionism, it's time to remake the courts. That's the real prize we were fighting for this election. Roll on the Freedom of Choice act too. It's about time for the long overdue push back.

I fully expect two of the most liberal (and oldest) members of the Supreme Court to retire now they know they will be replaced by liberal justices half their age. Unlike George W, I expect Obama to actually nominate competent jurists, not his cleaning lady or whoever the fuck she was.

I fully expect two of the most liberal (and oldest) members of the Supreme Court to retire now they know they will be replaced by liberal justices half their age. Unlike George W, I expect Obama to actually nominate competent jurists, not his cleaning lady or whoever the fuck she was.

It won't change the balance in the SCOTUS however. Let me know when Scalia leaves and I'll throw a party.

It won't change the balance in the SCOTUS however. Let me know when Scalia leaves and I'll throw a party.

Is Scalia goes, then Clarence Thomas will have to go too. I mean, that man can't do anything without Scalia.

I realise that the makeup of the SCOTUS won't change dramatically, but what it will do it cement the liberal wing of it in place for decades. Next after them, the oldest are the conservatives.

Is Scalia goes, then Clarence Thomas will have to go too. I mean, that man can't do anything without Scalia.

I realise that the makeup of the SCOTUS won't change dramatically, but what it will do it cement the liberal wing of it in place for decades. Next after them, the oldest are the conservatives.

If Obama gets a 2nd term there is a chance he could replace maybe one of them.

>With Mark Begich's victory over that old fart Ted Stevens, it's getting
>closer and closer.

I hope it doesn't happen. The last thing we need is any political party with absolute power.

It's already happened. With 58 senates seats plus the two independents that caucus with the Democrats, they have the 60 they need. Right now, I think the country does need just one set of hands on the wheel. Shit needs to get done, and done fast. Whether it gets done right is another matter, but when you're up to the ass in alligators, it's not time to be trying to form bipartisan committees to see if you can get a majority in favor of draining the swamp.

>With 58 senates seats plus the two independents that caucus with the Democrats,
>they have the 60 they need.

They have 56 seats plus two independents.

Incorrect by my counting. Dems currently at 58 with two independents for a total of 60.

Minnesota recounting and Georgia to go to a runoff. Getting those would just be the icing on the cake.