virgin-burner

congratulations, United States of America!!!

The UK is fighting in Afghanistan, which is more than can be said for most of the rest of NATO...(...) ... France and Spain, in particular, are vulnerable to the long term repercussions of this

:|Don't know about the Spaniards, but we are working on our own headcount alright :|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

The UK is fighting in Afghanistan, which is more than can be said for most of the rest of NATO.

Europe has, too often in my observation, negotiated compromises with its own values. France and Spain, in particular, are vulnerable to the long term repercussions of this. Germany has found itself to be a primary obstacle to the road-maps for Ukraine and Georgia to align themselves with NATO.

With re to Afghanistan, just a reminder as there are more than just UK troops:

http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/news/story.html?id=30f7e1f4-f7be-4688-90f8-beee3ace83c4

(The recently killed 2 coalition troops were Germans.)

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

is an oft-quoted saying directly applicable to Barack Hussein Obama. Last night, mobs of adoring fans celebrated Obama's victory

I thought Obama got in because of the 'liberal media elite'? Have they now become an angry mob? Do you not believe in democracy now that the people have chosen someone you don't like?

for the mob believes that Obama is a transformative figure that will usher monumental and beneficial change

How awful. Beneficial change. Heaven forbid people should have hope that this country could actually become better.

A student of history cannot help but observe the ominous parallels between Obama and Mandela.

The United States' election of a black president has symbolic implications, but I don't think Obama's campaign has ever promised to 'heal the divisions of racial strife'. The only parallel I see between Mandela and Obama is that one is black, and one is half black. I am sure even a poor student of history would take note that Mandela was elected as a black man in a black majority country after years of institutionalized white oppression, whereas Obama is a (half) black man in a white majority country...a significant difference? Are you comparing the ANC, a party declared by the Pentagon in the late 80s to be a terrorist organization, to the Democratic Party of the United States?

Nelson Mandela wholeheartedly embraced policies like Black Economic Empowerment, a perverse South African form of affirmative action in which countless incompetent and often-illiterate blacks displaced competent whites in the civil service for no other reason than their skin color.

LOL. Ok let's sit back and wait for Obama to bring in his homies. "Black man's taking our jobs!"

Please.