Misternatural

DOW limit down circuit breakers trigger

Hi folks, the futures markets are in limit down status as of right now, the circuit breakers are beginning to trip as a result of last nights global sell off, this is a very rare event-
it's a skydivers market today and you gotta ask yourself "Do you feel lucky..."

lots of values out there- but remember, the second mouse gets the cheese

times like these make being an investor very interesting.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

The key is knowing if this is the bottom or if more downturns are in the future. I dont think the bottom is here yet. Just my opinion but I think we will start to see a rebound around 7,000. Who knows, it might keep plowing down lower. All we can do is hold on for the ride.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

The market seems to have equalized with ROW (rest of the world) but is hanging in there - for now.

Watch commodities - they are falling too, even gold. I think i is a rection to Japan and UK monetary issues along with other factors. UK sterling lost 6% overnight. Good for me bad for the British.

---------------------------------------------
Every day is a bonus - every night is an adventure.

>>I think we will start to see a rebound around 7,000.

That's a good assumption- many analysts are predicting that level. Of course the bulls are stating that 8000 next Monday is a good bet on a repeat of the 2001 level for a recession recovery. The oracle himself Warren Buffet announced a bottom last Fri.

I think the 2001 model is the most likely scenario where the drop was very steep and the recovery curve was steady over a 5 year period.

Bottom calling has proven to be a foolish game so far this year by my own account- but it is a good measure of timing as to when to nibble at some some of the more bullet proof balance sheet companies with low debt.
D S #3.1415

Yes, Commodities got burned late this year, take a look at Potash the fertilizer company for example.The lack of credit liquidity is the culprit of all of what we are experiencing, without capital the gears of industrial and consumer demand do not turn, hence this crash.
Hopefully the weeding out of all of the toxic credit issues and practices this will lead to a more stable worldwide economy- as you saw Greenspan himself admitted to a flaw in the Fed's management model leading up to this bubble.
D S #3.1415

The key is knowing if this is the bottom or if more downturns are in the future. I dont think the bottom is here yet. Just my opinion but I think we will start to see a rebound around 7,000. Who knows, it might keep plowing down lower. All we can do is hold on for the ride.

I'll bet that we see sub-6000, A dead cat bounce or two in between and then it's Katie bar the door.

Got rice, beans, booze and ammo?
“Keep your elbow up!"

>>I'll bet that we see sub-6000,

Here's an interesting theory I recently heard;
Because of the increased use of electronic trading by retail stock traders, hedge fund managers and mutual funds, and the lightning speed by which buy and sell orders are now processed in recent years results in a stock market that is extremely nimble and sensitive to changes, way ahead of the curve. As proof of this look at the VIX or volatility index in recent years...it has sharply increased.

Market capitalization happens much faster now.

So, many analysts are stating that the stock market has already crashed way ahead of the economy and there are not many sellers left which means that it is safe to either start re investing either long. or very short playing the volatility because there will be waves of panic BUYING within a range as the market goes back up in anticipation of an economic recovery.

>>Got rice, beans, booze and ammo?

Im all set, but lots of people think it is fun to joke about this-

it wont be that funny if this happens when you realize that the vast majority of human populations are so helplessly dependent on the supermarket infrastructure.

how good of a hunter gatherer are you? have you been practicing your survival skills with your friends and family?

prolly best to keep the armageddon rhetoric to a minimum in the next few months as the unemployment numbers hit the street..
D S #3.1415